Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Sonny Barger story...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Good Sonny Barger story...

Hell, Billy The Kid was a criminal...so was Jesse James and Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid...they're also a colorful part of America's history, legend,and growing pains...same scenario, different century...

Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I met Sonny a few times back when and yeah, he seems like a great guy. But you always have to remember that while he may seem like a great guy, he's a great guy that would have cut your throat and kidnapped your wife if he felt the need.

My advice to those who want to go to the party etc. is to not get too wrapped up in the deal and always keep in mind exactly who these guys are and what they are capable of doing if provoked.

I for one have learned to steer clear. Tagging around with 1%'ers is generally good for nothing but getting into trouble.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
txfatboyz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rocknrod

I guess we all have to make decisions in life.
I made mine, he made his. You make yours.

Right on ! thats kinda the way I see it.
I cant condem the man because I have not walked 1 foot in his shoes.
Is he a saint? LOL hell no he aint but he aint the devil either.
To me he knows he has made some misstakes in life and simply wishes to be left alone to live his life his way.

I say live on Sonny live on.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: maxum96

The guy is nothing but a criminal. What has he done to help his fellow man or better society? Not a damn thing. I'm glad you didn't mind your tax dollars supporting him while he was in prison. I'm more impressed by the average joe that works 9-5, pays his taxes, and stays out of trouble. Here's a little rundown on Sonny.

http://www.organized-crime.de/revbar01sonnybarger.htm

I do not know what you believed that link revealed but it did not do much to support your contention. Are there really people that work nine to five though? There isn't in any world that I have ever lived in.

I always thought my taxes went to support government employees though, so thanks for straightening meout on that one.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,806 Likes on 1,584 Posts

ORIGINAL: txfatboyz

To me he knows he has made some misstakes in life and simply wishes to be left alone to live his life his way.

I feel that way about Charles Manson.....Live on Charlie!
I can't judge you because I haven't walked 1 foot in your shoes.... and he made his decisions in life and I made mine...that Charlie, what a great guy!!!!

If you think about it, Charles Mansion has killed less people than Sonny and his organization...

lp

Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

I met Sonny a few times back when and yeah, he seems like a great guy. But you always have to remember that while he may seem like a great guy, he's a great guy that would have cut your throat and kidnapped your wife if he felt the need.

My advice to those who want to go to the party etc. is to not get too wrapped up in the deal and always keep in mind exactly who these guys are and what they are capable of doing if provoked.

I for one have learned to steer clear. Tagging around with 1%'ers is generally good for nothing but getting into trouble.
I go through Life Not trusting Any one Doctor. Lawer, Police, School Teachers, Priest's,The people next door.The News Papers, The Rep & Dems Cause I no what these people are capable of doing for Greed, Sex, Glory, Money ,Drugs. If you know what im trying to convay.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
txfatboyz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: lp

I can't judge you because I haven't walked 1 foot in your shoes.... and he made his decisions in life and I made mine...that Charlie, what a great guy!!!!

If you think about it, Charles Mansion has killed less people than Sonny and his organization...

lp
If ya think of it the automobile has killed more people than sonny has or charlie mason.
The man what ever you might think of him has lived life on his terms. Sometime legal and other times not and he served his time for his crimes.

I am not saying kids need to idolize him or anything like that but you have to admit he is interesting .

Old 03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,806 Likes on 1,584 Posts

ORIGINAL: lp

lp
If ya think of it the automobile has killed more people than sonny has or charlie mason.
The man what ever you might think of him has lived life on his terms. Sometime legal and other times not and he served his time for his crimes.

I am not saying kids need to idolize him or anything like that but you have to admit he is interesting .
Yeah he's interesting... I wouldn't invite him over to dinner though.

lp

Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: carlo

I go through Life Not trusting Any one Doctor. Lawer, Police, School Teachers, Priest's,The people next door.The News Papers, The Rep & Dems Cause I no what these people are capable of doing for Greed, Sex, Glory. If you know what im trying to convay.
While you are correct, there is a diffeence between any of your examples and what I am speaking of.

I don't know who the real 1%ers are here or who has been associated, but until you've lived it I suggest you keep your uninformed opinions to yourselves. And no, talking to them at the bar or going to one of their parties does not count.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Interesting to watch how threads that have anything to do with a 'traditional club' (or a member of such MC) always end up following the same path..

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if that opinion is based more on information provided by the news media than personal knowledge or experience.

Just 'my opinion', so carry on...

Quick Reply: Good Sonny Barger story...