Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Hey folks,

Wondering your opinions on these 2 jackets.

HD Competition II http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444181503 5&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_
id=2534374302285979&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=253 4374302285979&bmUID=1205791732469&bmLocale =en_US

Fox Creek Leather The Black Rock
http://www.foxcreekleather.com/114.html

Not as worried about money as I am about function. Thanks!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Either will likely last you decades. However, if I had to place money on which one is the better made with better materials, it would be the Fox Creek.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can tell you that fox creek jackets are very very VERY nicely made, designed extremely well, and the team there is a pure delight to deal with.

i own a commander

Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 PM
shark2eatu
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Harley jacket's appearance more. I would have to try each on to get the "feel" first.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Either will likely last you decades. However, if I had to place money on which one is the better made with better materials, it would be the Fox Creek.
+1 for Fox Creek ..

I went with another brand styled similar to the comander at FC, to save a few bucks, acutally an impulse buy (had to have it right that exact second).
I had it bungeed to the back of by my dyna last spring, hit a bump in the road on a bridge and it bounced out... had to drive all the way off the bridge, park my ride, run back up on the bridge, and dodge traffic to get out of the road. I could hear it gettin whacked by car's ...

Anyway .. all but one GOD DAM zipper is broken beyond repair both vents / all three inside pockets, all but the one to zip it up, sleeves do zip but the the lil zipper handles are broken off . all are potted metal and just flaked apart. FC zippers and snaps are the finest quality made ...
I'm sure the FC zippers would have gotten bent up some, but I dont think they'd just flake apart ... (goddam potted metals)

99%r

<edit> hahaha just been poking around on Fox Creeks web site at their Life Time Guarantee ....

Our lifetime guarantee covers the workmanship and materials on all of our American made chaps, jackets, vests and pants as long as you own them. This includes any problem with snaps, zippers, seams and grommets that arise due to normal use of the garment. If you have any problem, please e-mail us or call (800) 766-4165. We will arrange to have your garment repaired locally or sent back to us. Our guarantee does not cover the liner or any hardware attached to the liner. Any garments that have been abused (accidents, knife fights, failure to properly maintain the garment) will not be covered. Gloves, saddlebags, toolbags, travelbags and items in our accessories section are not covered. Garments that have had pins or patches installed can be repaired but not replaced.
</edit>

99%r

Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would have to go with Fox Creek.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

UHHH, I'll vote for the black candidate. That would be Fox Creek. they make NICE gear.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Wireguided
Road Master

Well I looked good and long at many jackets..
All kinds of makes too !!
As for armor there are some good choices.
But i bought a HD made jacket from the vegas shop while i was there..
It has armor , venting, liner..
And some damn nice workmanship too!!
What ever you decide please try them all on that is what you will know the answer from..
Jacket i bought is The night vision Willie G Skull.
Love it already has the broke in feel ..
Not to heavy but still a good weight..
Good luck with choices as there are many to choose from as well as many that will save your skin........
This is mine.....
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444877031 0&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_
id=2534374302285479&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=253 4374302285479&bmUID=1205795259368&bmLocale =en_CA

Old 03-17-2008, 06:24 PM
mudbone13
Advanced

I thought about buying a Fox creek jacket but I ended up with the competition II jacket. I like the jacket a lot as the innner liner does come out and that helps in the warmer weather. the only thing I don't like abou the jacket is that when the inner liner is removed, the zipper around the wrists can be bothersome. Other than that, I really do like the jacket. BTW, I also have a pair of Fox Creek Chaps, and I gota say I love them. I think the quality of the chaps was far better than what Harley was selling.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 PM
PowerJunkie
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an HD jacket. It is very well made and durable, even though it was made in China (I figure with HD's mark-up only about 12 cents went to China and the rest went to HD and the dealership). Be wary of the new HD jackets, I tried on the new camo one at the dealer and it was made with very thin leather. It was definitly fashion weight, not motorcycle jacket weight. Try it on before you buy.

Quick Reply: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather