Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
fbhawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

I have a Comp 2 jacket. It's very well made but weighs a ton. I bet you never see a worn out one in less than about 4 owners.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raxus

Guys I didn't want this thread to turn into a MADE IN USA thread. Just wanted honest opinions about these 2 jackets. For the most part it looks like FC has the lead. Only major prob I have with FC is that they are 16 hours away for me to try on thier jackets to really know if I like em. While my HD dealer is only 30 mins away. On the other hand wife suggested we do a mini vacation down to them and see what they got...sounds like a plan to me!
If you can, go there! I went last summer when I was down that way to buy my Classic jacket. They are in the mountains, and the ride to get there is SUH-WEET on twisty mountain roads!!! They have a nice place, and the moment you walk through the door, that awesome new leather smell hits you like a ton of bricks. I tried on a bunch of jackets to find the one that fit just right. The people were great and very helpful too.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geoseismic

Fox Creek made in USA, HD made in somewhere else................................
My Willie G. (HD) is made in the USA, and the finest jacket I have ever owned. Of course, it cost close to 1G, but I think it was worth every penny. I have the Fox Creek classic II and have not worn it since I bough the Willie G. Sure the Fox Creek is heavy leather, but so heavy that it is not comfortable to wear on warmer days. I reserve my Fox Creek for cold weather riding, and even then, when the mercury dips below 40 degrees, I wear the FXRG jacket and pants for protection. Fox Creek makes some top notch stuff, but not the best quality on the market. Heavy leather can be treated to be soft and pliable. Fox Creek is like cardboard out of the box and does not soften up for years!!! Fox Creek does not apply the body armor found in most "top of the line" motorcycle jackets. Those little skid plates can make a world of difference when your surfing the asphalt at 70 mph.
I have to take issue with the above comments. I live in Virginia and visited the showroom, tried on the entire line.FOXCREEKS quality is top notch, the leather is Heavy, and it is the softest, most plush I have ever felt.They also come with a thermal liner and quality hardware. Buy it and they ship it to your house and if you dont like it or it doesn't fit send it back, no questions asked, FULL REFUND.I own a Vanson Cometthat is heavy, and took a alot of conditioner and wear to softenup.If your looking for top of the line leather, look no further thanVanson leathers.Bates is another top of the line leather.Schotts, Langlitz,Foxcreek, and Kerr round out the top heavy weights. Your choices are endless. The HD is probably the easiest. For Vanson you can visit most BMW dealers. Langlitz are custom made to order. Kerr, Foxcreek and Vanson usually are on the bike show circuit. I have a Vanson, so it is my first choice. I also have a set of chaps from Kerr leathers which are first rate.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/
http://www.schottnyc.com/motorcycle-...motorcycle.htm
http://www.batesleathers.com/streetwear/
http://www.langlitz.com/index.html
http://www.kerrleathers.com/
http://www.webbikeworld.com/leather-...ycle-clothing/

Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Nostalgic07
Road Captain

I vote for Fox Creek....I have a vest of theirs, and it is great....I just ordered a jacket and gloves...I would like to try it on 1st myself, but they will work with you to get the right fit!! Can't go wrong with FoxCreek, IMO. If your going down there for a mini Vacation, then stop by and try them out!! Good luck!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

+1 Fox Creek.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raxus

Guys I didn't want this thread to turn into a MADE IN USA thread. Just wanted honest opinions about these 2 jackets. For the most part it looks like FC has the lead. Only major prob I have with FC is that they are 16 hours away for me to try on thier jackets to really know if I like em. While my HD dealer is only 30 mins away. On the other hand wife suggested we do a mini vacation down to them and see what they got...sounds like a plan to me!
My apologies for my part of the diversion, Raxus...looks like right now you have a perfect reason for a good road trip, I'd jump on it!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:39 PM
marthared
Cruiser

Honestly, I don't like either one. I really dislike that type of collar.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
lowglide
Advanced

fox creek.......... look no further...............

Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotta say Fox Creek, but without owning anything other than gloves from HD, I can't attest to the quality of their jackets. I have a textile, vented FC jacket (since discontinued) that held up well during a crash which is why I got it. Couldn't be happier. They also sell Chippewa boots which look just as well made FC jackets. Just waiting for the new paycheck to come in...

Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a fox creek jacket and love it!!!

Quick Reply: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather