Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Fat Henry
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

I can only speak of the Fox Creek. I like mine alot.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

Fox Creek made in USA, HD made in somewhere else................................
My Willie G. (HD) is made in the USA, and the finest jacket I have ever owned. Of course, it cost close to 1G, but I think it was worth every penny. I have the Fox Creek classic II and have not worn it since I bough the Willie G. Sure the Fox Creek is heavy leather, but so heavy that it is not comfortable to wear on warmer days. I reserve my Fox Creek for cold weather riding, and even then, when the mercury dips below 40 degrees, I wear the FXRG jacket and pants for protection. Fox Creek makes some top notch stuff, but not the best quality on the market. Heavy leather can be treated to be soft and pliable. Fox Creek is like cardboard out of the box and does not soften up for years!!! Fox Creek does not apply the body armor found in most "top of the line" motorcycle jackets. Those little skid plates can make a world of difference when your surfing the asphalt at 70 mph.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 PM
designknd
Road Captain

I have this HD jacket and love it...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Fox Creek jacket on order.

I received one and did not like the sizing. They sent me another to compare. I spent time trying them both on until I realized I was between sizes. I sent both back and am having a custom fit jacket made by Fox Creek. I'll post a pic of it when I get it.

Their jackets are awesome. And I'd hardly call them cardboard. It is thick, supple leather.

I also own a vest from them. Same quality as the jacket.

I love their stuff.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: designknd

I have this HD jacket and love it...
>click here<
Any chance you would be willing to go back and edit your post to this?

It is a mile wide on my screen and I have to scroll to the right forever to see what is going on.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:43 AM
spike95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: turczytj

Can you try on Fox Creek jackets anywhere? I have to wear it before buying it...
Even if you can't try it on, they are helpful over the phone, and they will exchange it for free so you get the right size. Also, my Fox Creek jacket is twice as heavy as my old cheapo. The leather is very thick and yet extremely soft and supple. It is a veryhigh qualityjacket.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:18 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been my lifetime of experience that when I'm buying leather, I need to try it on...2 of the same size can each look and fit entirely different, and I'm not buying it thru the mail...

Bottom line, my leathers are H-D, top quality...I take care of them, they've served me well for years and I expect many more years from them. I'll keep my old Harley leathers, and replace them with the same if or when I need to...

Old 03-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Competition II - $379 at St.Paul HD and that includes shipping.

comp2jacket

Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Brown brought my Fox Creek Classic I yesterday. Fits as perfect as an off the rack jacket can (thanks to the gal recommending I go up one size). Leather soft & supple & looks exactly like the photos in the ad. It's tough & heavy (what I want in a riding jacket) & I can't imagine better quality for any price. Most of all, MADE IN THE USA. Can't figure good American Harley owners buying Chinese jackets.?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 66cruiser

Brown brought my Fox Creek Classic I yesterday. Fits as perfect as an off the rack jacket can (thanks to the gal recommending I go up one size). Leather soft & supple & looks exactly like the photos in the ad. It's tough & heavy (what I want in a riding jacket) & I can't imagine better quality for any price. Most of all, MADE IN THE USA. Can't figure good American Harley owners buying Chinese jackets.?
There's one in every crowd...someone can ask if you like "this H-D" jacket or "that other" one, and the minute someone says H-D, some assclown chimes in with that old "USA/Chinese" $hit...

Get your tool box out and start stripping all the foreign parts off your "made in the USA" H-D....you're gonna save alot of gas, cause the thing isn't gonna run...get offthe soapbox, you're gagging on gnats and swallowing camels...

Quick Reply: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather