General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcyclist dies, 15-year old passenger survives

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motorcyclist dies, 15-year old passenger survives

ORIGINAL: Dago_RoadKing

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Thats bad news to hear. If I was the driver I would have rather it me than my passenger tho, was prolly his kid...
Sad.
Huh? I think you misread the post.....

Motorcyclist dies, 15-year old passenger survives

My prayers go out to the family of the downed rider.

yeah the kid was a passenger on the bike an survived while the driver of the bike died... his post made sense. hes sayn if it was hime or his passenger that was gonna bite it , hed rather it be him....maybe your missing something

Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 AM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My thoughts are with that family.

People should have to re-test for ALL driver's licenses on a periodic basis and there should be driver safety classes for autos, which there could be an incentive like cheaper insurance for taking them.

How many here practice on their bike in empty parking lots, etc.?

What about practicing with your car?

We take for granted our skills in the cage and that is a deadly attitude to have.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:19 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Prophet

CRESTVIEW – A motorcyclist has died from injuries he sustained in a traffic crash Sunday evening.

Ruth Lyons, 85, of Crestview, was driving a 1993 Chrysler van south on Ferdon Boulevard and was attempting to turn left onto Commerce Drive when she pulled into the path of a 2004 Harley Davidson Motorcycle.

Kevin Michael Josey, 44, of Crestview, was transported to North Okaloosa Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Josey’s passenger, 15-year-old Wesley Josey, was treated at the same hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

According to a Crestview Police Department news release, Kevin Josey was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. His passenger was wearing a helmet.

Charges are pending the conclusion of a traffic homicide investigation. [/align]
[/align][/align][/align]http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12882/comments/#readComments[/align][/align]

Nothing will be done. Nothing is ever done. People here in Pensacola And Crestview drive like idiots without one ounce of respect for anyone or anybody. I called the Escambia County Police department personally and talked to traffic division. they have eight traffic cops , but they mostly do funerals and help with other calls. the lady in charge told me there's really no traffic cops at all at this point and with the budget cut's in Florida, it's only going to get worse. People here drive like they don't care if they kill you or not. We have more accidents per capita than you would imagine . Bikers are killed here on a regular basis with nothing done. ABATE of Pensacola is a laughing stock .

Our speed limits are 40 and 45 but you will be ran over if you drive that speed. When we ride our bikes. We go in groups or I get out of town as fast as I can. I have had so many people pull out in front of me , I've lost count. We travel all over the south east United States and i'm here to tell you that Pensacola is the rudest city I've ever seem in my life.

People will keep killing bikers and walking away until WE stand up and do something about it. Our congressman think it's our fault. they think we need mandatory helmet laws and motorcycle training before we ride, but no amount of training will save you from a driver that doesn't look. We went on a weekend drive not long ago It started on Michigan Ave , We went down by the beaches and hw 59 up to Foley to Bay manette and back to the interstate and home. We deliberately counted people that ran stop signs and people that entered the road without looking. I counted 9 people that didn't stop at stop signs and My friend counted 6 people that didn't even look before entering the road. We watched one man at Orange Beach actually run a stop sign and never looked to see what was coming. We hit the breaks. We followed the guy until he stopped at the store. We pulled beside Him and ask. Sir, did you know you didn't look and pulled in front of us and ran that stop sign ? He said , If you don't leave at this moment, I will call the law. We said DO IT ! DO IT NOW ! He went into the store and wouldn't come out. We left.

People stop caring about others somewhere along the way here. but there's one thing for sure. Nothings going to change until WE stand up united and do something about it.

On average in Escambia county each year 6 bikers die and 128 have accidents.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
LowriderT
Cruiser

That sucks..They did talk about road testing after you reach a set age don't remember what the age they were saying was. AARP put an end to it in a BIG hurry. So I say screw it, road test everyone like ever 5 years that way no age discrimination. I'd put up with it just to get some of the people off the road that don't belong on it!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another similar accident occurred in Florida recently. A mounted deputy arrived on scene, parked, and started directing traffic. Along comes a woman DUI, runs over the deputy's bike and drags it down the road. Paranoia is sometimes appropriate.