Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panoptx glasses ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Panoptx glasses ?

anyone have the panoptx sunglasses with the day/night lense. I'am thinking about buying some and wanted a review from some owners...

thanks

Old 02-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Peck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panoptx glasses ?

I have had a pair for a couple of years, the advantage is that you only have to carry one pair of glasses with you and don't have to change
when it gets dark but the lenses don't get very dark in the sun it took a little getting used to. Also the foam around the lenses has problems staying
stuck to the frames but from what I hear you can send them back and they will replace the foam I just glued mine back together all that being said
I would buy them again.

Peck

Old 02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a pair last summer. I agree with peck that they don't get quite dark enough if your riding right into the sun. It's nice to just have one pair for day/night. IMO they are great at night. I haven't had any trouble with the foam or anything else but I have heard of others who did. I would buy another pair too.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well i kind of figured they would not get too dark, but i was hoping they got darker than the other cheaper day/night glasses. panoptx web sight has a chart and they looked gray when in the sun.....i was planning on getting the removable foam seal that way when they wore out i could replace them.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:20 PM
thunderbirdblue2
Tourer

I use them... they are great... they change quickly... keep the bugs out of my eyes... and I look really cool... If you don't believe me... ask me...

Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good glasses.

You will get used to the amount of tint they have in the full sun, they do work well, and the ole eyes dont get tired.

I'd buy another pair.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:24 AM
2smoooth
Road Captain

I had a pair made with my prescription, that include the day/night feature.. I love em (better yet, my health insurance nearly covered the entire cost)

Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 AM
darkside
Banned

I bought a set a few months back and absolutely love them. No more bloodshot eyes on cold riding days.As far as riding with them in the sun I have not had any experience since it,s been overcast or raining whe Ive been out lately. I do like the fact that I can wear them all day and night . Worth the money in my book.Some guys on here said they got them on E-bay cheap. I wish i had checked that out first since they are a little pricey when you pay full boat. I will get another set when I lose ,break or wear these out.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:21 AM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

i was planning on getting the removable foam seal
[sm=goodidea.gif]

I have the Diablo, love-um, take the foam seal off and ya got a nice pr sun glasses

Old 02-03-2006, 01:24 AM
thebigbuckster
Advanced

they are the only glasses i would ever consider,after buying and trying alot of the others.i wear them every day. i have a pair for riding and a different pair for work (i am a carpenter) before you buy go on the websight and decide which model will suit you best,because they differ in size for different size faces...this is important because when igot my first pair i was not aware of this,and alot of wind hit my eyes..expensive mistake. they are my wifes now. get a pair,youll thank me later.

Quick Reply: Panoptx glasses ?