General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:07 PM
captain m
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

I'm old,short,fat and ugly to boot!!!! The last "babe" that wanted a ride on my bike weighed more than me AND the bike!!......I had to refuse.......But I did go home and get the truck and loaded her up and we went for some burgers!!!
I never said I wasn't a gentleman!!!!
So,I guess that it's not a myth, imho

Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course they do!

Border guard: "Do you have any alcohol, firearms, or tobacco to declare, Mr. Cannon?"

HELL YEAH, BABY TWO GUNS AND A SIX PACK

All this and good looks too.

Cannon

Old 03-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: captain m

I'm old,short,fat and ugly to boot!!!! The last "babe" that wanted a ride on my bike weighed more than me AND the bike!!......I had to refuse.......But I did go home and get the truck and loaded her up and we went for some burgers!!!
I never said I wasn't a gentleman!!!!
So,I guess that it's not a myth, imho

I always maintained that I would never date anyone bigger or uglier than myself. This made it possible for to date just about any girl out there, coast to coast, nation to nation. That IS why our bikes have such torque. Easier to get the whole mess moving.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Yesterday a nice looking brunette working as a cashier said "I need to ride a Harley today" while I was buying gas. I said I have the gas. (BTW I was just flirting) she said "I get off at 2".
Dunno if she was serious or not, but she seemed to like the bike/biker enough...
I say yeah they dig us
ORIGINAL: loopspurs

I'm kind of shy, and the only woman I address without saying "Mam" is my wife. So help me out.

Over the years, I've heard it said that bikers have a particular appeal to babes. I've asked Honey about this. And, of
course she said, yep. What was I thinking? She would not elaborate.

So, someone tell it like it is, or should be, so that I don't dwell on this any longer. Is this a myth?

Maybe the ladies can chime in? Is it the bike or the man? Are there stories to be told?

My two cents about babes on bikes starts with great admiration, proceeds through pride and respect. And, it ends with the joy of knowing that, in this country, they can choose to ride how they want, when they want, if they want. (Well, Honey is calling now...time to put the kiddies to bed.) She and I will get to ride, soon.

Thanks for reading.
So did you pick her up at 2 or what?

Old 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
x2lee
Banned

No...[quote]ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Yesterday a nice looking brunette working as a cashier said "I need to ride a Harley today" while I was buying gas. I said I have the gas. (BTW I was just flirting) she said "I get off at 2".
Dunno if she was serious or not, but she seemed to like the bike/biker enough...
I say yeah they dig us

So did you pick her up at 2 or what?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of you are too ugly to pick up women.......I doubt if the bikes are helping[sm=escape.gif]

Old 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Fred00
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: LdyMjo

ORIGINAL: Fred00

Hum, it depends on the lady, I think--depends on what she thinks is sexy. For me,a Harley is sexy--the beauty of the bike, the chrome, the paint, the black and leather--hot, hot, hot. And they are powerful--torque over speed--can almost smell the sweat. So I guess it boils to energy and attraction--something you sense and feel in a heartbeat. Now if the guy on it doesn't hit you in thatway, I don't think the bike alone will do the trick. But a nice bike adds an element of intrigue to what the man already has--like heels on a woman I guess. When people express a hot risky (bad boy, bad girl?)side of themselves, even (scratch even,make thatparticularly) in a subtle classy way, it does make you curious to know a bit more...
Since when is a Harley powerful (unless you drop big money in it)?
Harleys are optimized for torque at lower RPMs, versus torque at higher RPMs for power at high speeds.I am not interested in 'go fast' and racing--want to feel the rumble in my gut.L.A. Times putmy Nightster at 79.10 pound-feet of torque. I feel thatpower when I ride, and like it. AndI would not trade the sexy look of a Harley for any fast metric out there. But hey, as they say, whatever turns you on [8D]!
Power at high speeds? A 45 lb-ft, 16'000 rpm 600cc bike does 0-60 mph in about 3 sec, so you could say it has pretty good power at low speeds too. I can assure you that that power is also felt while riding. Just because a bike makes its torque at high rpm doesn't mean you have to go fast to get to it. It's all in the gearing.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:32 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer

Hum, it depends on the lady, I think--depends on what she thinks is sexy. For me,a Harley is sexy--the beauty of the bike, the chrome, the paint, the black and leather--hot, hot, hot. And they are powerful--torque over speed--can almost smell the sweat. So I guess it boils to energy and attraction--something you sense and feel in a heartbeat. Now if the guy on it doesn't hit you in thatway, I don't think the bike alone will do the trick. But a nice bike adds an element of intrigue to what the man already has--like heels on a woman I guess. When people express a hot risky (bad boy, bad girl?)side of themselves, even (scratch even,make thatparticularly) in a subtle classy way, it does make you curious to know a bit more...
Harleys are optimized for torque at lower RPMs, versus torque at higher RPMs for power at high speeds.I am not interested in 'go fast' and racing--want to feel the rumble in my gut.L.A. Times putmy Nightster at 79.10 pound-feet of torque. I feel thatpower when I ride, and like it. AndI would not trade the sexy look of a Harley for any fast metric out there. But hey, as they say, whatever turns you on [8D]!
Power at high speeds? A 45 lb-ft, 16'000 rpm 600cc bike does 0-60 mph in about 3 sec, so you could say it has pretty good power at low speeds too. I can assure you that that power is also felt while riding. Just because a bike makes its torque at high rpm doesn't mean you have to go fast to get to it. It's all in the gearing.
I'm hearing you Fred, and I get the gearing point. And like I said, it comes down to whatever turns you on. Harleys are powerful machines in their own right, with their own power equation, and I appreciate them for what they are. For me, and many others,it adds up to one fine motorcycle riding experience. I am not a mechanical engineer and will not profess to understand the fine ratios that make one combination of torque, hp, weight, and so forth that much more 'powerful' than the combination of the next bike in line. My intention in making my comment was to simply acknowledge the power of a Harley, on multiple levels, and how it makes me feel--um umgood. One blip on my throttle proves it well enough for me, as did my bullet shot past a semi the other day that had givin me no other alternative to be safe on a 2-lane road. F$#%, I got more than enough power from my Nightster when I needed it--I'm still tight over that one! If I was writing a fact sheet to compare power inhorsepower and torque acrossthe board in the world of motorcycles, I would have said something different; actually, wouldn'thave bothered to make the comparison in the first place--no need. And again, can't beat the sexy look of a Harley, IMO !

Old 03-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Fred00
Road Captain

I'm hearing you Fred, and I get the gearing point. And like I said, it comes down to whatever turns you on. Harleys are powerful machines in their own right, with their own power equation, and I appreciate them for what they are. For me, and many others,it adds up to one fine motorcycle riding experience. I am not a mechanical engineer and will not profess to understand the fine ratios that make one combination of torque, hp, weight, and so forth that much more 'powerful' than the combination of the next bike in line. My intention in making my comment was to simply acknowledge the power of a Harley, on multiple levels, and how it makes me feel--um umgood. One blip on my throttle proves it well enough for me, as did my bullet shot past a semi the other day that had givin me no other alternative to be safe on a 2-lane road. F$#%, I got more than enough power from my Nightster when I needed it--I'm still tight over that one! If I was writing a fact sheet to compare power inhorsepower and torque acrossthe board in the world of motorcycles, I would have said something different; actually, wouldn'thave bothered to make the comparison in the first place--no need. And again, can't beat the sexy look of a Harley, IMO !
I hear ya.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to say it's true. I never suffer from a lack of intrested babes, and the one usually on the back is 1/2 my age and luvs it, so do I.[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/FBA392A043D5494CA9C3771A428A00EE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?