General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

"Or in my case 1 minute of fun."

Premature detonation, eh?

Andre Ming
Eastern OK

Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: loopspurs
So, someone tell it like it is, or should be, so that I don't dwell on this any longer. Is this a myth?
No it's not a myth. Many a girl has come up to me and asked for rides. I think it's the whole bad boy thing. Girls are told to go after nice, clean cut guys. The biker is something they are told not to have, so of course, they want it.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hum, it depends on the lady, I think--depends on what she thinks is sexy. For me,a Harley is sexy--the beauty of the bike, the chrome, the paint, the black and leather--hot, hot, hot. And they are powerful--torque over speed--can almost smell the sweat. So I guess it boils to energy and attraction--something you sense and feel in a heartbeat. Now if the guy on it doesn't hit you in thatway, I don't think the bike alone will do the trick. But a nice bike adds an element of intrigue to what the man already has--like heels on a woman I guess. When people express a hot risky (bad boy, bad girl?)side of themselves, even (scratch even,make thatparticularly) in a subtle classy way, it does make you curious to know a bit more...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For some I'm sure it is just the appeal of being seen riding away on the back of a bike....something about the image. For me it would be about the person. Well necessarily to date (as I'm very happily married) but even to strike up a conversation.

Like I've told Sean.....I'd rather a dirty biker come to the door to pick up our daughter then some punk with his pants falling around down. For me it's knowing that bikers are a different breed of people. They are down to earth, family oriented, good hearted people who take care of their own. So no it's not the bike because not everyone with a bike is a biker now are they?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: jayhantz7

ORIGINAL: loopspurs
So, someone tell it like it is, or should be, so that I don't dwell on this any longer. Is this a myth?
No it's not a myth. Many a girl has come up to me and asked for rides. I think it's the whole bad boy thing. Girls are told to go after nice, clean cut guys. The biker is something they are told not to have, so of course, they want it.
So, you don't have to be clean cut to be in the USAF?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From my personal experience...Yes...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

No myth. Unless your a "wild Hog" type! Has a lot to do with the way you carry yourself,additude,and telling it like it is. Alot of women seem to like the bad boy,always have.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
csmlopez
Cruiser

Dude, you don't get out much do you?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 PM
BCGlide
Cruiser

I'd say an HD in the arena of attractingwomen is at best....polarizing... with anod to the rider vs. non-rider.

Many times, the male is just plain more confident when arriving on 2 wheels. That effect alone can turn a nerd into a Romeo where other catalysts fail.

Moreover, the look and sound of an HD will make some girls look when normally they wouldn't have, an interest is sparked.Call it a coat of metal/mechanical Peacockfeathers if you will.

Other women will be totally turned off by the thought of dating a 'biker'. Those women will apply a stereo type (oh, andlet me guess, he has a beard, tatoos,and drinks beer)kinda thing...neither good nor bad,just not'their' deal...

JMHO

Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

Isn't that why you bought your bike? Hell, I need all of this chrome to make me look better!

Quick Reply: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?