General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
kruisin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

ORIGINAL: kruisin

Well I guess at some point I'm going to test the waters after my divorce. Wife told me today she wants to go find herself and throw away 22yrs of marriage. We never had a major arguement, I never saw it coming!
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should try seeing a counselor and find out why she feels that way. Lots of people have that happen. It's how they both react to it that determines the outcome. My wife and I have had some rocky times but we did go to counseling and realized we both care deeply for one another so we got back on track. The thought of splitting up was too much for both of us. So things can change no matter how bad they might seem. Maybe she hasn't been able to tell you how she feels about herself. That kind of thing usually has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, best of luck to you both.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Vector
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

Don't fool yourselves. Riding aHarley lost it's "bad boy" image years ago. Crotch-rockets are where it's at for chicks. Those guys swim in it and it's young stuff too. Not like the skanks you see at most bike-nights.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
And probably not far from the truth. Of course tastes differ, but generally speaking, if you want to be cool around the kids you need to ride a Ninja or GSX-R or similar. A Harley won't get much respect at the sportbike hang out (sad but true). I have a friend with a Yamaha R6 (yeah, the guy that smoked me bad) and when the bikes are parked the younger people walk right past my Fatboy to check out the R6.

I knew a 19yo girl who liked Harleys though, but she's in the minority.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ken, if I read you correctly, are you saying that most Harley bike nights only attract old skanks? Good lord I haven't even been to one yet as our town doesn't have one. Hope it's not a prejudice towards the Harley gals. [&:]

Old 03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he is saying he only attracts old skanks at bike night

For the record, the Harley chicks in Augusta are mostly hot...
ORIGINAL: GAGirl

Ken, if I read you correctly, are you saying that most Harley bike nights only attract old skanks? Good lord I haven't even been to one yet as our town doesn't have one. Hope it's not a prejudice towards the Harley gals. [&:]

Old 03-20-2008, 10:27 PM
spike95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: schumacher

And I hope all you general section readers notice only the Sportster riders are talking about picking up women..........

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
...probably because more young single guys are riding Sportsters. That being said, I've had plenty of girls ride on and ask to ride on my bike... even though it usuallymeant riding on the fender with no seat. I've had my bike since I was 23, so that may have something to do with it. That being said... every girl that I've dated since I've owned my bike didn't know I had a bike when we met. Most of the rest were just girls at bars or parties, and I never really pursued any of them beyond taking them for a ride.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't fool yourselves. Riding aHarley lost it's "bad boy" image years ago. Crotch-rockets are where it's at for chicks. Those guys swim in it and it's young stuff too. Not like the skanks you see at most bike-nights.
So, are you saying all that you attract at bike night is old skanks? Ditch the Old Spice and maybe you'll have better luck.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
pete913
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need a bike to attract women, for starters you're beyond help, and secondly, the women are not exactly what you dreamed of anyway. Hot women in Atlanta? lol yeah right.I spent 3 yrs at fort Benning, not far from Columbus,and I can tell you how to get a date there. Wear a pair of bib overalls with one strap fastened, a Cat diesel power cap, have at least one brown tooth, and don't bathe for a month, they'll be all over you. Age has absolutely nothing to do with skankdom.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 AM
loopspurs
Novice

I hope you work this out.

My experience at about the 20-year mark led to a correction in me. I was consumed with inventions and engineering stuff. After much thought and discussion, it led to a simple list of what she thought was broke. I pondered, and started working on it. We got on track. Later, menopause got a hold of us. And, it was rough, unpredictable, scary. Much suffering forher, then us. Well, we're strolling towards 30, now. These partnerships demand a lotfrom us to keep them healthy. Sometimes we don't maintain them well enough.

So, the short ofit is, keep working on it, cordially, with dignity and respect.
Hopefully, one day you'll look back at this and admire each other. It can be reinforcing.

My thoughtsare with you.

Thank you for reading.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I'm saying is that when I attendbike nights around here that are dominated by Harleys I can stand in the sea of about 500 people 250 of which are women and I can usually count on one hand the attractive ones. Just saying.The sport-bike nights are a totally different story though.Most of the chicks there are hot.Maybe it's just their youth and I'm a bit of a perv.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All I'm saying is that when I attendbike nights around here that are dominated by Harleys I can stand in the sea of about 500 people 250 of which are women and I can usually count on one hand the attractive ones. Just saying.The sport-bike nights are a totally different story though.Most of the chicks there are hot.Maybe it's just their youth and I'm a bit of a perv.
LOL! Well there you go.

Quick Reply: Do Babes really like Bikers? Myth?