General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheepskin Cover for Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sheepskin Cover for Seat

ORIGINAL: roxnatwist

Don't those things get nasty if they get wet? I'd be concerned about smelling like a wet goat after sitting on one of those all day. Can they be washed or cleaned somehow?
Even though its a good question, I'd have to say that's funny, I don't care who you are!!! Ibought a wool watch cap from the army / nave store and we set a decoy one night andme and my partnerwas working the controls and wouldn't you know it started drizzling rain. Well a few minutes after the rain started I started smelling the gawd awfulness smell you could imagine, at first I thought it was my partner andthe more it rained the worst it smelled!!! Finally my partner got a whiff of it and asked why I smelled like a wet goat? It was then I thought about the wool watch cap and sure enough it was the culprit. I tried washing it but every time it'd get wet it'd stink, so I ended up throwing it away. I can only imagine what a sheep cover would smell like if it got wet, to be honest Bro, I don't think my stomach could handle it [sm=smiley11.gif]. I've heard a lot of good things about the sheep covers and it would be interesting to find out how it handles the wet..."D"

Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alaskaleather is where you want to buy it. They cut it to fit a seat, provide a quick release strap, and give fantastic service all for under $50. I have bought 6 from them over the years.

If it gets wet, slap it against a tree, dry it with a towel and you're good to go. No they don't stink.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

OK ALL, I just ordered the covers for my bike from Alaska Leather 5 minutes ago, I called the company because I was not sure what I needed, Sooooooo heres the scoop, THIS IS NOT A JOKE.... I was told for all forum members if you order on line, and in the comments box write the word "deadsheep" they will give you a 10% discount. Or you can call and tell them you are a forum member. My total for the complete bike including backrest and shipping came to $144.36.. Im going to give it a try. I cant wait to see the responses on this one... Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/C02BC899ADE04F3DA6D2F844B72A0347.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: TampaJim

Alaskaleather is where you want to buy it. They cut it to fit a seat, provide a quick release strap, and give fantastic service all for under $50. I have bought 6 from them over the years.

If it gets wet, slap it against a tree, dry it with a towel and you're good to go. No they don't stink.
+1 for Alaska Leather. Got the back seat model for the Ultra, wife says much better.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ballpeen

OK ALL, I just ordered the covers for my bike from Alaska Leather 5 minutes ago, I called the company because I was not sure what I needed, Sooooooo heres the scoop, THIS IS NOT A JOKE.... I was told for all forum members if you order on line, and in the comments box write the word "deadsheep" they will give you a 10% discount. Or you can call and tell them you are a forum member. My total for the complete bike including backrest and shipping came to $144.36.. Im going to give it a try. I cant wait to see the responses on this one... Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/C02BC899ADE04F3DA6D2F844B72A0347.jpg[/IMG]
Oh swell!....one day late with that info

I really think you will like it ballpeen

Old 03-14-2008, 06:01 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another vote for Alaskaleather.com. Nicefolks with a great product.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member

Just checked out Alaskaleathers web site and I think I'm going to order one for my Ultra. I understand the cooling and heating of the sheepskin butt pad, but does it have added comfort or is it just the heating/cooling issue that y'all like so much about them? "D"

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 PM
BCguy
Road Captain

Another plus for Alaskaleather pads. I bought one a year ago for my Roadster and it adds some nice 'soft' to a hard seat as well as keeping monkeybutt at bay. A note - I had the missus sew an extra strap (velcro) on the front to keep it from curling up when riding.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

Ive heard a lot of good about this company, The lady I talked to said she is currently working on a cover for the complete passenger backrest, She said she would e-mail me if I would like to give it a try, I will but one and let everyone know how it works.. Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/94C683B7FEF34EC1A149BC76ACC467AA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have one of the HD sheepskin covers with the vinyl sides that is a perfect fit for my stock RKC seat. We used it on trips and like it. When I swapped seats, I bought a black skin from eBay and cut it roughly the shape of the seat. I cut a slit thru it for my back rest. It stays in place and doesn't move around. I could careless what it looks like at the gas pump. I feels great going down the road.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/F50A59A6BB8042B6BBB8FDF43F142081.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Sheepskin Cover for Seat