General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourmaster Riding Gear *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tourmaster Riding Gear *UPDATE*

Anybody own any Tourmaster products? I was just on their website and it looks like they have some nice jackets, pants, gloves, etc. Their nylon gear kinda reminds me of Harley's nylon FXRG product, only less expensive. Anyway, the local Harley/BMW dealer is having a 25% off sale on all Tourmaster stuff this month and I might check it out.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Tommy Meisel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tourmaster Riding Gear

I have a Tourmaster Cortech leather jacket, with liner. This is a great motorcycle jacket, and with the liner I can ride with temps in the 40's for a long time. I especially like the way the sleeves have elasticized leather cuffs, no messing around with buttons or snaps to keep the wind out of your arms. I am a happy owner.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

I have a Tourmaster two piece rain suit that i paid $100 for.

After wearing the rain suit 4 or 5 times (about 1000 miles of riding going/coming from Sturgis last summer ) I noticed a small hole in the pants.

Tourmaster does not have a phone number listed and I tried emailing them 3 or 4 times and never got a response.

Based on the non-exisitent customer service I would never purchase another Tour Master product no matter how cheap or good.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:34 PM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

I have several Tourmaster products.
1. 3/4 armored textile jacket.
2. Overpants with knee and hip pads.
3. Large Tail bag.
4. Two different tank bags (used on my previous non Harley bikes).
5. Two piece rain suit (used LOTS in the rain the past two seasons).

All of these have been used for literally thousands and thousands of miles and I have been very, very happy with all of these products. And all of them have seen real use. I have had no problems and would not hesitate to get more Tourmaster gear. I have never owned any of their leather stuff....just textile. Their price points are very competitive and I think their stuff is better made than a lot of other brands that cost more.

The rain gear has seen more use than I like to think about. And I have ridden in torrential down pours for hours and stayed bone dry.

No complaints at all.

Bones

Old 02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Hog_fever
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

Tourmaster does not have a phone number listed and I tried emailing them 3 or 4 times and never got a response.

They were certainly available to take your money weren't they?

Old 02-05-2006, 04:28 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hog_fever

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

They were certainly available to take your money weren't they?
The fact that they don't have a phone number and did not answer my emails (3 or 4) is why I would never purchase anything from Tourmaster again no matter how cheap or good the product might be.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:40 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully, if I decide to go with their product, the dealer will stand behind it.

Thanks for the replies!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:56 AM
freddc1
Cruiser

I bought the two piece and wasnt pleased with the bungee on the waist. They sent me a new jacket, and let me keep the old one. I was very pleased . As to contacting them, they had a different business name and contact in calif. I put that all on the website last year. Probably still in archives somewhere. From my perspective, were very responsive, but did take a little digging to get correct name and number.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:58 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: freddc1

I bought the two piece and wasnt pleased with the bungee on the waist. They sent me a new jacket, and let me keep the old one. I was very pleased . As to contacting them, they had a different business name and contact in calif. I put that all on the website last year. Probably still in archives somewhere. From my perspective, were very responsive, but did take a little digging to get correct name and number.
I found your old post https://www.hdforums.com/m_106649/mp.../tm.htm#161080 but you mention that you had a Firtstgear Rainman Jacket not Tourmaster?

Old 02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Based on the non-exisitent customer service I would never purchase another Tour Master product no matter how cheap or good.
I read this earlier and thought surely you were wrong - What company would not list a phone number but you are correct - If fact I had so much trouble tracking them down that I will never buy anything from them. Near as I can tell they are owned by a company called Helmet House in Calabassa Hills, CA - There is an 800 number but all it does is ask for your dealer number and there is no way around to the operator - Now be sure to check this link and look down bottom in the article for a name and number not found anywhere - These people are hiding something and I hope you go after them with both barrels! Helmet House article

Quick Reply: Tourmaster Riding Gear *UPDATE*