General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourmaster Riding Gear *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tourmaster Riding Gear

ORIGINAL: solorider

Anybody own any Tourmaster products? I was just on their website and it looks like they have some nice jackets, pants, gloves, etc. Their nylon gear kinda reminds me of Harley's nylon FXRG product, only less expensive. Anyway, the local Harley/BMW dealer is having a 25% off sale on all Tourmaster stuff this month and I might check it out.

Thanks!
Tourmaster is a fine product. I myself still prefer Firstgear. I have three Firstgear jackets, one leather and two textile. I also have Tourmaster pant's and tank bag's.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

ORIGINAL: Hog_fever

ORIGINAL: SC_Compact

Tourmaster does not have a phone number listed and I tried emailing them 3 or 4 times and never got a response.

They were certainly available to take your money weren't they?
The fact that they don't have a phone number and did not answer my emails (3 or 4) is why I would never purchase anything from Tourmaster again no matter how cheap or good the product might be.
Tourmaster is a manufacturer and you cannot deal with them directly. Firstgear is likewise. You must deal with a dealer.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell ya what though Snarly I agree with you on a lot of subjects but not this one - Firstgear's full contact info comes up nice an easy (see below) - Try to do that with TourMatser/Courtech/Helmet House - The Moco is a manufacturer and yes I should go through my dealer first but I know where the company is and how to get in touch and expect to get an answer without sending 4 emails - I either caught Tourmaster on a bad day or they are going through a change of ownership but it sure seems they are hiding

Attn: Firstgear
Tucker Rocky
4900 Alliance Gateway Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Toll free: 866-302-5676
Phone: 817-258-9008
Fax: 817-491-7190
Email: firstgear@tuckerrocky.com

Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

We use the Nylon Cruiser II Xl SissyBar Bag and we love it.

It retails for $149 and I paid $109 at a bike show.

No complaints from us....although it was missing a second rain bag that it stated should have been inside there. I failed to notice that before levaing the show...otherwise, it was a good deal.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kess

Tell ya what though Snarly I agree with you on a lot of subjects but not this one - Firstgear's full contact info comes up nice an easy (see below) - Try to do that with TourMatser/Courtech/Helmet House - The Moco is a manufacturer and yes I should go through my dealer first but I know where the company is and how to get in touch and expect to get an answer without sending 4 emails - I either caught Tourmaster on a bad day or they are going through a change of ownership but it sure seems they are hiding

Tucker Rocky
Fort Worth, TX 76177

How long does it take to respond to an email?

Why list an email address if you are not going to respond?

As far as I'm concerned they have lost a customer!

I can be very stubborn when it comes to matters of customer service or lack of customer service. I'll use a garbage bag for a rainsuit and a pair of socks for gloves before I ever purchase another product from Tourmaster.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

Just got a pair of Cortech Decker Leather pants. They fit well, are well make and I think I will be very pleased. Can't beat the price.

I deal with Newenough ( I think it is www.newenough.com ) and those folks are fantastic. I have purchased many items from many different brands from them over the years and they have really been great.

So there you have it.

Bones

Old 02-12-2006, 07:42 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To all those interested, I have an update on Tourmaster Products:

Had a chance to talk to a factory rep from the company at the motorcycle show in Chicago yesterday. I mentioned this site and some of the complaints that some folks had about customer service. He apologized for the lack of an 800 number and said that the emails are handled by one person, and that this one person has to fly around the country doing shows also. He suggested that you work with your dealer for all warranty issues and if you really feel the need to email the company be sure to put 'product defect' or something similar in the reference line of the correspondence.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
vegashd
Banned

Tucker Rocky
Fort Worth, TX 76177

still wrong. That is simply the name and address of Tucker Rocky which is a distibutor. You will get Tucker rocky Rep AT BEST!!!!!

Tourmaster as well as first gear are manufactures. MANY MANY manufcatures do not deal with the public direct. In fact the very motorcycle you ride has forks not made by Hd!! If you have aproblem with them contact your dealer. Then maybe Hd.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:23 PM
vegashd
Banned

Tourmaster does not have a phone number listed and I tried emailing them 3 or 4 times and never got a response.

Based on the non-exisitent customer service I would never purchase another Tour Master product no matter how cheap or good.
I read this earlier and thought surely you were wrong - What company would not list a phone number but you are correct - If fact I had so much trouble tracking them down that I will never buy anything from them. Near as I can tell they are owned by a company called Helmet House in Calabassa Hills, CA - There is an 800 number but all it does is ask for your dealer number and there is no way around to the operator - Now be sure to check this link and look down bottom in the article for a name and number not found anywhere - These people are hiding something and I hope you go after them with both barrels! Helmet House article
What are they hiding? The fact that they are one of the top 5 manufactures in the naiton for leather? Good luck uncovering what you need to know. They are definetly not hiding anything.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Tucker Rocky
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Like I said, you can't deal with Firstgear direct. Look at the address.."Tuckerrocky" is an independent distributer.

Edit: whats more, if I remember right, you can't buy directly from Tuckerrocky either, they redirect you to a motorcycle dealer who handles their stuff.

Quick Reply: Tourmaster Riding Gear *UPDATE*