General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Nite's

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike Nite's

I've been to one at Quaker Steak & Lube in Madison, WI.
Straight shot there is about 40 miles. We made it 80 miles there and then the straight 40 back because it was dark. Alot of nice bikes. We just went up there walked the bikes a bit, ate some burgers and then walked the dealer booths and left.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are what you make of them, don't go often but often enough.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They got one at a local Hooter's. One of the waitress knocked over 1 bike and caused the domino effect. Thank God it was only crotch rockets that fell. No offense to the sport bike crowd. I hate it for them "
Well had they been Millaulkee iron , perhaps the little waitress wouldn't had knocked it over !! Damn dainty little crotch rockets!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
hdwd2000
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes there good other times they suck. Good excuess to get out

Old 03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
03fxdwg
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: brihvac

I goto the local bike nite at Hooters. They have huge turnouts (200+bikes) a DJ playing music. And a lot of time it gets X rated later in the nite. I love bi sexual women
brother, im moving to delaware... nothing like that here in ohio. dammnit!! LOL

-T

Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I go the Quaker Steak & Lube here in Knoxville on Thursday. Usually 200 to 300 bikes. It's great to sit and watch the bikes come and go and have a good meal. We usually go to another bar after the Lube, http://www.coyotejoesbar.com/?bcsi_s...E5C39DA1DFEE=0It's always packed on Thursday.

The only bad thing about a Thursday bike night is the Friday after.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Never been. wouldn't even know where to look...

Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

There is Stables on the South East side of Indy that is pretty cool, there are some North East but I haven't made any of them yet. You can walk around and drink soda pop, you do not have to drink. I like Bike Nights and see freinds that I may not have seen in decades. The night before the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 are Bike Nights on steriods though.

Unfortunately going to the gym and my kids football causes me to miss more of them than I would like too, but I don't ever just pass on an opportunity to get out of the house.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

Here in my area, there is a bike night every night starting on Tuesday...the cool ones are the downtown bike nights on Friday. They close off about 10 city blocks for bikes only and they do this 3 times a year.

Turn out is usually high...but the weekly ones may get hit 3-4 times all summer

Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: mnvikingsfan

Any of you guys ever go to these so called "bike nites"? Is it worth checking out? I see most of my local HD Dealer's seem to have them once a week....so let's hear some feedback...I guess for me going to a Bar and not drinking beer (don't drink and drive-not worth IMHO)is like going to the lakes and not jumping in the water!!!!
Depends on which ones you go to. Billet Bar on Thursdays is basically all the RUB's from Scottsdale that have 200 miles on their bike in 5 years. Cool looking bikes, but boring crowd. I've gone to the Hooters out in East Mesa a few times with some friends, and had a good time (decent turnouts too).

I think the bike night scene here in Phoenix is pretty tame and quiet now (much like bike week here actually). When I first started riding I remember the Chuy's behind my house (Baseline and McClintock - Tempe area) they used to almost have to close part of the street off because of all the bikes there! Now you might see 10 bikes on a Thursday. Part of that might be due to some of the strongest DUI laws in the country, but who knows?

If you go with a bunch of riding buddies it's still alot of fun, but then we typically don't pick the sponsored bars. We'll try different places each week, and usually try to pick places where it takes us awhile between stops (start in Chandler for example, head to Jackson's near the US Airways arena, then maybe up to Dirty Dogs in Scottsdale, then Highlighters or Sonny's strip clubs for the later entertainment!)

Quick Reply: Bike Nite's