General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Nite's

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike Nite's

ORIGINAL: rydermike

We go to the small local bar's on friday nights (Mustang Sally's in Holiday,FL) they get a good crowd for a small off the wall joint ,maybe 50 - 125 bike's , many,many dring soda or water , so drinking beer or whatever isn't a big deal ,they do a best bike prize.Generally a good time , with "biker game's" too.
Also do occasional wed night's at Quaker Steak & Lube in Pinnellas Park....4000 bikes on wed night..EVERY WED,quite impressive , especially as they sometimes come in groups of 50 or so!Great food too!!!
We do the Steak & Lube bike nights on Thursday here in Douglasville, GA. 200-300 bikes, live music, and good food. It's no a religion for us but if nothing else is going on we'll go out.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 AM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as with anything else, it's what YOU make of it. if you go with a group of your friends, it's nice for dinner and conversation. or just hanging out. or meeting new friends.

4000 bikes on a wed nite? WOW. that has to be a record.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I go all the time.

That's how I figure out what the latest trends in assless chaps are (butt fring is "in" this year)[sm=popcorn.gif]

+1

we go all the time ... always good fun (c; I / me an the posse I ride with .. well we cant just take off an go touring every day or even every weekend.. so its bar rides for us....

From wednesday through sunday, theres almost always a party to ride to somewhere in DFW TX. Wednesday nite is bike nite at Apache Choppers in weatherford ... $10.00 cover, pay yer money in the parts dept. pick up yer vacum packed ribeye steak, take it outside in the parkin lot and throw on one of huge "permanent" grills, with all the other folks, cook till done and grab some trimmings from the "sides" table. Keg beers, live band, awesome bike show and LOTs and LOTS of *****. Its a last man standing type party too (c;

Thursdays are bike nite everywhere around here, the bar b que joints, biker bars, hell even the radio station The Lone Star 92.5 has a bike night every Thursday at a different bar.

Friday Saturday Sunday is Strokers Ice House Dallas or the Underground IceHouse Ft Worth and Cowtown on Sundays main street and exchange... several of the bars sell beers to go.

big fun / big parties

99%r

Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
njdiver
Road Captain

The're a night out, go see what's up, tour the best in show contest and then take off on a nice night ride.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I go to a few mostly when there is a group of us can be a good time can also be lame

Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Bike nites are okay to attend once in a while.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:19 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

I'm afraid that I have aged beyond the bike nights. The wife and I went to one. We must be fugly because no one said a word to us. Or maybe we weren't dressed all in leather. I enjoyed walking around and looking at some of the bikes. I don't drink like I used to back in the dark ages and so that was not an attraction. There were many people drinking that I wondered how in the world were they going to get home safely. There was a live band but, like I said, I guess I have aged beyond standing in front of a band and listening to it. We both enjoyed looking at the bikes and made an early exit. It was O.K. but, not something I would do again.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
TEK 679
Road Captain

Good buddy of mine met his Girl at one. Hey you never know thats what I told him an hour before we went the rest is History. They ride all the time now and she is a blast to hang with she has her own bike now.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually find myself parking with the sport bike group on bike night.Old habits are hard to break.

Seriously though,my only problem with bike night,is no one ever rides.It usually amounts to 3 miles to the hang out,check the bikes,go eat,and go 3 miles back home.I also don't care for riding in traffic,or riding the country roads at night.

The best thing is to hit the road early for a good ride,and then arive at the bike night hang out.You'll enjoy it much more.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM
ratzila
Tourer

They got one at a local Hooter's. One of the waitress knocked over 1 bike and caused the domino effect. Thank God it was only crotch rockets that fell. No offense to the sport bike crowd. I hate it for them

Quick Reply: Bike Nite's