General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

megahdman?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: megahdman?

ORIGINAL: hdman
"Folks Are Leery Of Newbies" I hope you were SMILEN' when you wrote that ...... I'm a Newbie and NO offence taken.... Seems like I'm making that statement alot lately.....
Something not reflected in the member info is how long we've actually been riding. We're rated by number of posts! So you can be an outstanding HDF member, and not even ride!! So what?!
BUT--to have the longevity to post 2,000 times without getting banned (or shot!), there should be some reward for that. Plus it's the only 100% truthful way to label people.

As far as posting goes hdman, I'm a "newbie," too, but I put more worth in riding experience, and some of the newbies have been riding over 50 years....(but not me, I'm only 38)

Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now I have to disagree OG_electra_glide. You can't rate people on how long they've been riding either. Just because someone has been riding for 30 years doesn't make them any better than someone who started riding 9 months ago (like me).

Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 PM
hdman
Road Captain

Thanks Guys: I am a newbie to this Forum..... But I've had 17 bikes in my past and I didn't just fall off the TURNIP TRUCK. I've been around the block a few times myself. Thanks again for your support........ hdman

Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 AM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer

deleted.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:03 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

Ok....just seems like you were trying to call me out there.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:06 AM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer

deleted.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, come on lets pick on her some more, her face was turning red and I could hear her heart betting from over here[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=happy046.gif]

Old 02-03-2006, 01:28 AM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Heatherc

Now I have to disagree OG_electra_glide. You can't rate people on how long they've been riding either. Just because someone has been riding for 30 years doesn't make them any better than someone who started riding 9 months ago (like me).
I agree with ya here. I too just started riding last june, found the MSF really helpful to ride well from the start!!
Anyhoo, just my .02

Old 02-03-2006, 01:33 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ladyglide

ORIGINAL: Heatherc

I agree with ya here. I too just started riding last june, found the MSF really helpful to ride well from the start!!
Anyhoo, just my .02

Yep that got under my skin a bit. I've been riding since June also. I might not have years of experience but I know I'm a good rider. I ride with someone who has 170,000 miles on his 3 year old bike. Now when he tells me I'm a good rider I take that as a BIG compliment.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 AM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

Yep that got under my skin a bit. I've been riding since June also. I might not have years of experience but I know I'm a good rider. I ride with someone who has 170,000 miles on his 3 year old bike. Now when he tells me I'm a good rider I take that as a BIG compliment.
Gotta love supportive riding buddies, my sweetie tells me how proud he is, and his grin is ssooooo BIG, it makes me feel safe, and confident too!!

Quick Reply: megahdman?