Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerosmith cancels HOG 25th show

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 PM
TuffSporty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerosmith cancels HOG 25th show

I just have to LOL at all the (obviously uninformed) crap talking about the HOG event... it's attached to the 105th HD anniversary, AND the grand opening of the new HD Museum, so it's unlikely that many of the folks going are only going for the HOG event. Kid Rock has been moved outside Miller Park to where other free entertainment for the HOG part of the weekend will take place. All entertainment for the HOG segment is now free. Springsteen is playing, for pay, for the HD 105th part, and many other groups are playing for free.

Aerosmith did cancel due to Joe Perry's knee surgery. Weird part is, the surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, March 18th, and they cancelled the show for AUGUST 28th. I'd think that would be enough time to come back even if he's getting the knee totally replaced! Oh well, we're still ridin' out there from Cali, gonna party it up at the 105th, party it up at the HOG 25th, and ride back Route 66. Haters can stay home.. we don't need ya crowdin' up the road anywayz!

Oh, and Geo.. HOG didn't cancel their main stage act... their main stage act cancelled themselves. Who left whom hanging? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

HOG didn't cancel their main stage act... their main stage act cancelled themselves. Who left whom hanging?
Trust me when I say if HOG or Harley-Davidson had contracted for Aerosmith to perform at the 105th, Aerosmith would be there. It is obvious to me that the invatation was totally speculative. I don't buy the knee surgery crap. Aerosmith has no tour schedule for 2008, leading me to suspect they had no intentions of playing anywhere this summer. I think that HOG and Hardley-Davidson simply left the carrot out there to get as many people as they could to commit before dropping the grenade announcement the Aerosmith would not appear. I bet they knew that Aerosmith was "off the ticket" months ago!!! Who is fooling who?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
TuffSporty
Intermediate

Quoted from Aeroforceone.com, the official AS fan site;
" For the past two years, JOE PERRY has put off much-needed knee surgery so that he could fulfill AEROSMITH's live commitments and perform for fans. During this time, the condition of his knee worsened and the pain became chronic. Last weekend (February 29-March 1), his knee finally gave out on him after completing two shows with TAB the Band (which features his two sons, Adrian Perry and Tony Perry). JOE was subsequently seen by his orthopedic surgeon, who has scheduled JOE for surgery Tuesday, March 18. Because of the necessary recovery time, JOE has had to cancel an upcoming solo show (April 5, Niagara Falls, New York). He wants to apologize to fans who've been inconvenienced and thanks them for their longtime support. If there's one thing JOE PERRY doesn't like, it's missing a show."
It was also reported, via the AP wire, in USA Today, The Boston Herald, Rolling Stone online, etc., etc., etc.
The knee didn't blow out months ago, and it's a bit naive to say that they'd advertise it if it wasn't confirmed at the time, and I totally don't believe Aerosmith or their management would allow advertisement of an event that they knew wasn't going to happen. It's simple, his knee finally blew, and apparently August isn't far enough out to be able to commit that he'll be in shape enough to do the show. If I suspect anything, I suspect that AS management might have decided $25 each for tickets wouldn't make them enough money, so they used the knee as an excuse. Still, no way HD or HOG would let it happen if they could help it, especially after the concert fiasco at the 100th... I mean, Elton John???? Really!
But then again, I believe 9/11 was committed by terrorists, not our own government, and there is no easter bunny or tooth fairy... I'm just sayin'....