General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Place to retire and ride?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:41 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Place to retire and ride?

Go west young man.Regards,Tom from sunny Az!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyinlow

Check out northern Arkansas. Some of the nicest motorcycle riding around, low taxes, affordable housing.

Check out the web site http://www.cruisetheozarks.com/. I've never been there, lived in Minnesota and North Dakota all my life, but someone I used to work with retired there and loves it.
I moved to NW Arkansas from Dutchess County NY a year ago.

I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.

You can only ride 10 months out of the year.Actually you can ride 12 months out of the year but it does get a little cold here in Jan/Feb so the rides are usually only a couple of hoursfor those months.

The riding really $ucks here. Nothing but quiet country roads, farms,ranchesand the Ozarks mountains and national forests..etc.

There's way too much affordable housing.

Property taxes are way too low.

The economy is strong thanks to Wal-Mart, JB Hunt and Tyson.

Bikes, Blues and BBQ already has too many people attending every year.

People are way to friendly.

Your 2 days ride from NY, Calif,one to one and a half days from Colorado, Sturgis, Florida,andChicago.

You can play golf 12 months out of the year.

Really does $uck here. Definitely go to Florida, NC, SC or Arizona.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Rev. BigBlock
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, SC_Compact, clever and funnypost! However, it would have been betterto notpost it. You're contributing to gettingmorepeople moving into Arkansas.It's irritatingthatthe once-good areas are being increasingly inundated withnew hordes of people - many of whom are obnoxious, expecting, manicmorons. After being forced to abandon coastal California (too crowded, crazy, expensive, andfull of illegals and non-English speakers), and soon south Florida (the same), I'm like more and morepeople today - wondering where to get a nice home andland in a moderate climate area with lowcosts of living,friendly people, and peace.

Thanks to everybody for your info.It's important forallof us to continually speak up in phone calls, e-mails, and letters to our senators and representatives, and voice our experiences and opinions. Many politicians are egotistical, power-and-money-dominatedliars and con artists, but some care, listen,and respond to voters' concerns.Speak up about everything!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Rev. BigBlock
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of power-and-money-dominatedliars and con artists, see theincredible documentary "Zeitgeist, the Movie" at www.ZeitgeistMovie.com - especially the part about 911, which starts at 40 minutes and 30 secondsinto it. It will blow your mind and change your life.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:49 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

Cleveland! We get 90-100 days a year of beautiful weather......your bike will last 200 years or until you polish the paint off of it.....[]
I live in Indianapolis and it isn't bad here at all. You ever think about moving father south in Ohio and foregoing the 100+ degree summer days and all the blue hairs in retirement towns?

Even in Indy we have maybe 60 days that you can't ride and probably less down by the river.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 PM
gjb1952
Road Captain

Finally, a post that makes sense to retirement areas. I'm in Wisconsin. My bike should last close to that 200 year mark also.

[IMG]local://upfiles/55662/104499250F5E46CB8DC497DADAA95B84.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Blade tx.
2nd Gear

ok man I say tx. dallas ft.worth ride all year some cold days but a good weather place and plenty of winding roads bigest state in the country.we ride all year and love it here .we have everthing here you would ever want cost of living is ok .good luck Blade &Thnder