General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12

Look in Frederick for cheaper places. There are tons of hotels in Frederick. I'll be riding there on either Saturday or Sunday.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:09 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll chime in on staying somewhere else. The PARTY will be at the hotel where everyone stays. Last year we hung out in the meeting room and the pool/patio area drinking and having fun till the wee hours of the morning. You might be able to stay somewhere else cheaper but you'll miss all the fun!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
DynaDan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you and Shawn will not be able to make it Heather, but I totally understand. You guys had a beast of a ride last year. Thanks for your help in "promoting" the venue. I have said from the start I would love to find something cheaper, but for so many reasons I think it is a good spot. you guys definitely helped make it a great time last year.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
DynaDan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: JayFromPa

Wife already told me she wants to drive, which works out for me, no needing to pack my bike full of gear. My neighbors are interested as well, but the room rate might be a little steep for them. You can count me and the wife in for sure though.

How many folks attended last year?
Jay,

I'm glad to hear you and the wife will make it. If she is bringing the cage I might request a little support from you, like bringing a cooler or a radio so we can use them in the hospitality room. I will be riding my bike up so I will be limited on space.

Last year we had about 30-35 people for the Saturday group ride. Some of those people came up for the day. I have 40 rooms blocked, so we should have plenty.

I fully understand that price will be a factor for many. It is for me too. I split a room with my cousin last year and will do the same this year too. The rate is for single to quad occupancy, so try to find a few folks who might be willing to share a room. You won't spend much time in it anyway! You can also come up on Friday and save a day. I think Thursday will be kinda quite. The main reason I am going on Thursday is so I can make sure they are ready for us, and I would really like to try to go to York on Friday morning and get a tour of the Harley Plant. I am going to call this week about a group tour. I will keep you all informed.

Dan

Old 03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Sounds like fun again. I'll be riding up for the day from Stafford, VA, which is just south of DC. Ol Biker and a few others will probably ride up with me.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
DynaDan
Tourer

Glad to hear it Ken. It will be great to see you and Ski again. Hopefully we will hook up sooner. I sent Mark a message telling him as soon as this weather breaks I'd like to meet up and do some riding down in your neck of the woods.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Stash
Tourer

I e-mailed you with some questions dan. Try to get back to me via PM. Thanks!!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I have no problem helping out by bringing any extras we might need. Think they will let me use my grill in the hospitality room?

In-laws gave the thumbs up to watching the kids for us, so now it's a matter of waiting for July to roll around. If the rooms are quad occupancy then my neighbors should have no problem with the money and of it. Wife and I can easily afford the room ourselves, but if it helps them out I have no problem bunking with them.

Most likely, we will head out on Friday morning and get a room for Fri and Sat nite. I'd love to go Thursday, but with the kids and work taking that extra day off makes it tough.

If ya need a hand setting anything up let me know in pm's or by e-mail.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
DynaDan
Tourer

Jay,

It's great to hear you are cleared in hot. I will get with you as it gets closer. If you have any ideas for a good group ride on Sat., start thinking about that. Since I am not from that area I will be relying on locals for good routes. We did a good run last year. About 100 miles with a stop at Appalachian Harley.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
DynaDan
Tourer

In case anyone needs a little motivation, don't just take my word for it. Check out this thread that Monstermile started fresh from his return from the rally last year. Scroll down through the thread for pictures.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1914275/tm.htm

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Rally - Gettysburg Bike Week July 10-12