General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??

ORIGINAL: Bill03E

http://www.indywesthd.com/pre_owned_...amp;veh=730061

I know it is a bit far , but you asked.
That's a lot nicer bike than the ones I saw this morning at Ft. Laud Harley.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:00 PM
gaTYr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ps--Thank you for all you and your buds do, Lopez. You are special. I also need to pray for you guys more often. I don't do it nearly enough. Be careful out there.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:16 PM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Paramount HD, Framingham MA. As of yesterday they had three on the floor, one was still unsold. Absolutely great guys to work with - one of the GOOD dealerships. See Frank Ventola, Sales Manager

http://www.paramounthd.com

Ride Safe and thanks for your service.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:20 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gaTYr

Damn straight. I used to work for the guy that owns the dealership, but I live in a different city. From someone on the other side of the desk, I actually think it's a fun process, too. But you are absolutely, positively correct. With that particular dealership conglomerate, you MUST be ready to buy when you walk in. The reason they don't fart around with you if you're not buying is that they could be helping another customer who is. There's an old saying in the vehicle industry: "Be-back salesmen raise skinny kids."
my son worked for Bruce as his used car manager when Bruce had the toyota store in Orlando. nothing has changed in the way he sells, and admittedly, he has to be doing something right. I think has has a dozen or so HD stores now. Does anyone sell more harleys than Rossmeyer?

Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce Rossmeyer in Southaven, MS has a couple of used ones for sale(or at least they did last week).

Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 309 Posts

ORIGINAL: Other Sheep

You might try Bill Kennedy at Kennedy's Cycles in Oceanside, CA. Great guy to do business with and sells a lot of used Harleys to the Marines from Camp Pendleton.
Awesome guy, His brothers Mike and Pat are standup guys too. I used to hang out there in the 80's when I lived in Oceanside.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 PM
gaTYr
Novice

ORIGINAL: xcelr8

ORIGINAL: gaTYr

Damn straight. I used to work for the guy that owns the dealership, but I live in a different city. From someone on the other side of the desk, I actually think it's a fun process, too. But you are absolutely, positively correct. With that particular dealership conglomerate, you MUST be ready to buy when you walk in. The reason they don't fart around with you if you're not buying is that they could be helping another customer who is. There's an old saying in the vehicle industry: "Be-back salesmen raise skinny kids."
my son worked for Bruce as his used car manager when Bruce had the toyota store in Orlando. nothing has changed in the way he sells, and admittedly, he has to be doing something right. I think has has a dozen or so HD stores now. Does anyone sell more harleys than Rossmeyer?
I doubt it. He's been in the vehicle business for a long time. I think a lot of it, however, is just luck. I don't know which dealership he had first, but when he got the Daytona one from Robison, and knowing what he does about the car business, he was able to make things take off.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 AM
csmlopez
Cruiser

Thank you all for all the support. I will make sure my buddy gets all the information. So far we have about 12 folks that have bought HDs thru the military sales here in the sand box. This one guy is set on a used POLICE bike because his gradfather was a HD trooper in Luisiana during the 40s.

Again thanks and sorry for not answering earlier, there is a war going on

VR
CSM Lopez

Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oakland, Ca. PD auctions theirs off. Picked up a barely used FXR a few years back. Well. probably 11 years now, but I know they still ride HD's.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
JBA111
Road Captain

Hay Lou chedck out Harley of Knoxville TN. They seem to almost always have a couple. They got a web site www harleyofknoxville.com. lots closer than California!!
Good luck man, tell yur crew over there we said HI!

Quick Reply: Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??