General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??

Call JC at Petersons HD in Miami, This guy is great and will jump through hoops to help you. He always has used Police bikes both Road Kings and E-Glides and if he doesn't have on he will find exactly what you want and it is always quite a bit cheaper than other dealers even with the shipping. Below is the site. Also he will ship a bike for you to anywhere in the US for $500.00. I'm in Michigan but he will be the one I go to when I purchase another bike.

http://www.miamiharley.com/default.asp

Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Renegade HD in Alexandria, LA had severalusedlisted. Now if you are looking for an actual used and abused Police bikes from a police department they usually put them up for auction but you would have to contact the department personally.They might trade them in to the local Harley dealership also. Other members might know more about it than I.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wildfire HD in Villa park,ill. has 50 of the 06's all for $10995

Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Most dealerships have used police bikes just gotta ask them if they have any.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:11 PM
kc_wa
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search HOLLYWOODMOTORS on e-bay, they post 3 or 4 every couple of weeks.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:07 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

north shore HD in slidell, LA normally has quite a selection at very good prices. i got my 2001 FLHPI brand new with 9 miles in Trussville, AL for $15,750 when FLHRIs were going for $21K. motor company rarely gives ok to sell a new on to the public but it was an overstock and the 2002s were already on the showroom floor.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

Ft. Lauderdale Harley. I was there today, and they must have had 50 of them sitting on the lot. Caveat Emptor. They will *** you over if given the chance. I bought 3 new bikes from them, but you have to pitch a tent and spend 3 hours negotiating with them. If you can handle that, you will get an awesome deal. Do your homework first over the phone/internet with other dealers. When you walk in, be prepared to take the bike home. If you are not ready to take it home, they will not allow you to waste their time or your time.

Personally, I love buying that way, but that's just me.

When I bought my last bike from them in '07, after 2 hours, the salesman came out of the managers office and said "that's our final price, there's no more left.....we are all done". I said "I'm the one that tells you when we are done" I got another $700 off before we shook hands and signed the papers.
Admittedly, a lot of people don't have the stomach for this, but I love it when they squirm.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:08 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

north shore HD in slidell, LA normally has quite a selection at very good prices. i got my 2001 FLHPI brand new with 9 miles in Trussville, AL for $15,750 when FLHRIs were going for $21K. motor company rarely gives ok to sell a new on to the public but it was an overstock and the 2002s were already on the showroom floor.
NewRoad Kingsin 2001 were around 16k.......brand new, current model year. Used is used, even with9 miles on it. Plus, the title will say "Police Service", which automatically makes the bike worth less than a bike with an unbranded title. Not trying to be an a$$hole, but rather, bringing out some important facts for the originator of this thread. Especiallysince he is Military, coming home from Kuwait.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.indywesthd.com/pre_owned_...amp;veh=730061

I know it is a bit far , but you asked.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 PM
gaTYr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn straight. I used to work for the guy that owns the dealership, but I live in a different city. From someone on the other side of the desk, I actually think it's a fun process, too. But you are absolutely, positively correct. With that particular dealership conglomerate, you MUST be ready to buy when you walk in. The reason they don't fart around with you if you're not buying is that they could be helping another customer who is. There's an old saying in the vehicle industry: "Be-back salesmen raise skinny kids."

Also, if no one is in the store, and it's just you an me, sure, we can hang out, shoot the breeze, I'll tell you everything about each bike. But that doesn't put food on my table if there's others in the store. I don't live in Ft. Lauderdale, but I'd love to do business with someone like xcelr8. You seem to be a straight shooter. I know you like to make salesmen squirm. There's also types that'll not only squirm for a sale, but will politely kiss your *** for one as well. They've got to eat just like anyone else.

Buyers and consumers have an unequivocal right to service, attention, and most, most, most importantly, honesty. I also believe salesmen deserve the same. We don't often get it. I know many can relate several nightmares from crappy, dishonest salesmen. I can relate a few from dishonest customers as well. But just a few. But that's all it takes for someone in sales to try to really hone in on a buyer and not just a tire-kicker.

Whew! Sorry. I apologize. I digress. I'll give you a little info that not many know about police models.

When a copbike comes in to the dealership, it has to be what we call "de-policed." Often, there are some on the showroom floor. There are also several often waiting to be de-policed in the back. You get a different set of tires, a different seat, they take all the radio equipment and sirens off, change the color of the lights on the light bar, that type of thing. They also have a heavier-duty stator than regular bikes. But that's about it. Some models only have a few hundred miles. Some have several thousand. You can find many at great prices with only a few hundred or a few thousand miles on them.

Something else many may not know. All California Highway Patrol Models come stock with 110 inch engines. All 2007 and 2008 models from everywhere else come stock with 103 inch engines. HOWEVER, that being said, there are departments other than CHP that will upgrade the engine to 110. But it's up to that department.

I would check the Daytona stores. They outfit most departments within almost a hundred mile radius of their Ormond Beach store.

No matter where you buy, if you can get someone to look for you, ask to see the models in the back. They may have a few in the showroom, but bunches more in the back.

ORIGINAL: xcelr8

Ft. Lauderdale Harley. I was there today, and they must have had 50 of them sitting on the lot. Caveat Emptor. They will *** you over if given the chance. I bought 3 new bikes from them, but you have to pitch a tent and spend 3 hours negotiating with them. If you can handle that, you will get an awesome deal. Do your homework first over the phone/internet with other dealers. When you walk in, be prepared to take the bike home. If you are not ready to take it home, they will not allow you to waste their time or your time.

Personally, I love buying that way, but that's just me.

When I bought my last bike from them in '07, after 2 hours, the salesman came out of the managers office and said "that's our final price, there's no more left.....we are all done". I said "I'm the one that tells you when we are done" I got another $700 off before we shook hands and signed the papers.
Admittedly, a lot of people don't have the stomach for this, but I love it when they squirm.

Quick Reply: Who knows where a feller my find a used Police bike??