General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for HD Electric Liners

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006 | 12:31 AM
HDUC1
Cruiser
Default RE: Suggestions for HD Electric Liners

I have the Harley jacket liner, gloves and pant liners. I also have the dual thermostat. I generally hook up the gloves and jacket on one half of the circuit and the pants on the other. I like to wear the pant liners over my jeans and my rainpants over them. I like to have the ability to take off the liner as the day warms up. I like to ride to northern Michigan and Canada and frequently take off with temps in the 30's and by mid afternoon have temps of 70. I am very happy with the Harley gear and the primary reason I bought it was that I ordered it online with a 20% discount that Gerbing sites or dealers couldn't touch. I also order a complete set for my wife as I can't seem to get out of the garage without her.

Old 02-14-2006 | 07:30 PM
thunderbirdblue2
|
Tourer

It's Valentine's day and my Birthday!!!!

I was so happy because I got a call that my jacket liner was in... but... when I got there... it was a size 48... I ordered a 58... bummer... Gerbings said they would overnight a larger size to me... supposed to be in on Thursday... I'm from Missouri... so "SHOW ME"!!!!

NEW QUESTION:

WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR CONTROLS? Gerbings has a leather holder that snaps onto your belt... the jacket liner has a pocket to put controls in... and then there is your jacket pocket... or you could just let them hang... what do you recommend???

Old 02-14-2006 | 07:57 PM
HDUC1
Cruiser

I generally run the thermostat out the bottom of my jacket and hook it to my outer jacket pocket so I the ability to adjust the thermostat on the run. It is problem. There are not too many places to put the thermostat and have access.