General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florence Prison Run - Arizona Riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:45 PM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence Prison Run - Arizona Riders

Hey guys. Just seeing who all is going on the Florence ride on 2/5. It starts at 11am, and the Superbowl activity starts around 4 or 5pm. Im thinkin I will ride a bit, do the lunch, hang out, and scoot to a good place for the game. What is your agenda? Any good places with good TVs to watch the game on? Let me know.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:40 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Florence Prison Run - Arizona Riders

I wanted to go on that ride. But that date is also the date of my Dog Agility club's Feb show. (To anyone interested, here is our WebSite)
As an officer of this club I have a lot of things to do at the show. Good thing is, this is our last show of the season. We are involved in one more show in March we are co-hosting so I'll be available for other rides with no distractions.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:53 AM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear

Dog shows, superbowl, biker runs...theres a lot goin on next Sunday. Anyways, thats good that youre open in March...lots of good runs going on...especially at the end with AZ Bikeweek...then a month from that is the Laughlin River Run. Damn I love it in AZ...year round riding. Sorry guys in the snow.[8D]

Old 01-30-2006, 01:53 PM
freddc1
Cruiser

I drove through area over xmas - stopped at prison gift shop out there in front. They also sell a bunch of HD custom plates (license plates a specialty), then Tom Mix museum. Great little town,

Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 AM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear

Ya, its a kool lil place. Theres gonna be tons of riders there this year. I hope some more guys chime in about going. Im hoping to see a good turn out of HDF riders there and get to know some of you guys .

Old 01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
mkultra
Tourer

They are calling for 78 degrees on Sunday. Yolandas is always a great place to stop and with the Prison Run there will be things for everyone. We generally stop there and say howdy to friends old and new then head up to Florence to the Funky Monkey across from the Prison. Its the only bright green building so ya cant miss it. Hopefully the 103 build will be done on Saturday and we will be ready to break her in. See yall there.

Mike
03 White Pearl Rk
Soon to be 103 ci

Old 02-01-2006, 03:16 AM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear

That 103 will be sweet when its done, and what a good way to break her in. The weekend should be great with the slightly warmer temps. I think there will be a good turn out this year. The season is upon us...time to have some fun.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:32 AM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear

Wow. Only 2 days left and only a few replies. Hmmm. Oh well, hope some of yall make it out there. Ride safe.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 AM
AZRoadKing
6th Gear

Well the Prison ride was today and was a great time. Good turnout and well organized. Main parade through town and around the prison was great and everyone seemed to love it. Only problem is...the parking lot at Yolanda's was dirt and with all the bikes...it turned to powder dust. Im afraid to wipe my bike with anything now and figure water (washing it) would be the best for gettin that crap off. Its sooo fine, it is hard to even blow off...almost seems to have a static attraction. Any help on cleaning that would be awesome.

p.s. Congrats to the Steelers on their Superbowl XL win!! Was a great game

Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
freddc1
Cruiser

We had the once from a crowded parking lot on a charity run - same thing, real mess, including cement dust..
I have that spray maguires detail liquid (name is something like that). Use clean rags, and ligthly rubbed only once in one direction. Then different piece of cloth on different section. It worked for me.