General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son's buying frst Harley... need some input

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Son's buying frst Harley... need some input

ORIGINAL: tlb

tell him not leave without the free T-shirt
Free T-Shirt --- Chit I knew I forgot something. [sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
eyefrgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Son's buying Frost Harley... need some input

See if they will throw in a Service Manuel for the bike. That can save him a lot of money if he will do his own oil changes etc,.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
coastrider
Road Master

If he lives in the Coos Bay area his next closest dealers are Roseburg and Medford. That might be a consideration. I know from experience it is a pain not to have your dealer just a few minutes away.

Ride Safe.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 PM
dannacc
Novice

If he tells his salesman about the interest rate from the credit union, they might match it...My dealer did it for me...

Old 03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I got a free t-shirt each for me, my wife, and my buddy who were there. Also got a couple keychains, calendar and refrigerator magnets with a pic. of me and my bike on them, bumper sticker of course with their name in huge lettering,1 year HOG membership, and 10 or maybe it was 15percent off parts for ONE time only. Nothing nice like a helmet or 1k service or anything else that would be useful, just a bunch of crap as far as I'm concerned. O well . . . I guess they are not in buisness to give stuff away but good luck trying.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got a t-shirt as did my dad since he was there. We both got calendars, we got two jars of salsa, pen flashlight, pen, compact grooming kit, kickstand pad, they gave us 10 or 15% off parts since we could get that at our local dealer. Wouldn't instal anything for free which wasn't a big deal.
Closed for a week before I got my title, then lost the title and all my paperwork and then lost my sissy bar, then found the paperwork after some heated discussions then found my sissy bar and didn't pay to ship it to me. Paying for shipping didn't bother me it was the OWNER losing my paperwork that bothered me. She worked at home and took care of out of state buyers...
Sorry I ranted
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 AM
jonesey2791
Cruiser

Coos Bay always has VERY competative pricing. I would be suprised if you found a better deal, although Doyle's in Eugene has a good rep too. I know guys that bought bikes at both. I used Coos Bay as a negotiating point when I got my wife her Street Bob. Local dealer matched price and save me a drive to Coos Bay. (Probably because I overpaid on my Ultra the year before).

Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
testifer
Road Master

i bought a new one in janurary, i got 1000.00 in accessories, 1000 mile service, 2 t shirts, the 10% discount for a year...my birthday was like a week later so they sent me a card with another free shirt and 15% OFF more crap...and i think i got either 300 or 500 off of list, but i dont remember...then of course all the free hog ****...but what impressed me the most, i went back in about 2 weeks later and everyone knew my name...even the owner came up and called me by my first name...as well as the service manager...that impressed me...and its not really a small store...so i ended up with like 2000 in accessories before i took the bike home...i figured its winter, keep the bike an extra day and put the **** on for me, now im done with it so im glad

Old 03-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Dancemax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First bike or first harley? I will be more concerned about his attitudes, MSF training, his experience in riding and things of that nature. I assume he is an "experienced" rider from his earlier experience? wheeling and dealing is secondary.