General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess folks are never satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:33 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I guess folks are never satisfied

It don't matter what you ride as long as you ride.

So sit down, STFU !, and get movin'.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my eyes checked and dilated the other morning. Mentioned to one of the nurses(???) as I was checking having to go back and get my coat and cap (a new black leather one w/ an embossed skull and Harley Davidson on it.) She asked if I had a Haarley and I repllied that I did. She said she used to have a Dyna, but now rode a Volusia (sp??? Never heard of them) and that it was the same as the Dyna only ten grand cheaper and it was a question of economics for her, that she couldn't afford a Harley.
I started to reply that there wass something about the Harrley rumbling between your thighs and though that was prob' an inappropriate thing to say, so just nodded.
I left thinking "The same, my *ss!" By the time I got to the parking lot, however, I was thinking how great it was that she was riding and that if she couldn't afford a Harley, I was glad that there were alternatives.
Wish I would have just thought to have told her how happy I was that she was a rider. Art
HOWEVER, I am even happier that I am a rider and that I have a Harley and even though I didn't get a very long ride in that day, I was riding "my Harley" in IL in Jan. and that was pretty great.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:16 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What I hate to see is Harley Bashing from people who OWN one. After all, if you finally made a decision to buy one, didn't you check these things out at least alittle bit. If a Harley owner wishes his bike did something like a metric, shouldn't he just stay metric? [:@] Yes, they are expensive (HD), they vibrate, they don't get the best mileage, accessories cost alot, motorclothes are expensive, some dealers are terrible, etc,etc, SO WHATS YOUR POINT??????

and by the way BAGGERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
palaima1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with the folks that don't care about what you ride! Before I saved enough $ to make myself happy I rode many different bikes....the point is I rode then and continue to ride now! It's way better than cruising around on 4 wheels with a hardtop. Bikes are freedom...and this is the LAND OF THE FREE

Old 01-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Haji4
Tourer

Who cares what others think. I lvoe my Sportys and thats what I ride . If you dont like um jsut go away.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4130/5374FC0784ED441CA4AE5F672C8E5DE9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2006, 03:42 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Spoken like a Proud HD owner I'm with you on this one. Hell the women or men in ours lives cost us more then the bikes.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
LTrain
Road Master

Hog_fever,
Regardless of what you or anyone else says, my bike is perfection

... well, it will be when I'm done tinkering with it. And then it's time for me to redefine perfection. Y'all are on your own to define perfection, or even, "it'll do for now."

Cheers

ORIGINAL: Hog_fever

And then there's the HD owners who think their super glides or better than fatboys, or heritages better than road kings, or Ultra's better than road glides, blah, blah, blah...

Old 01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

my .02

I've met as many real 'bikers' on metrics as i have on harleys. the rest are just a bunch of loud mouthed poseurs needing a substitute for their lil winky.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
zzrider
Cruiser

Make fun of my Harley...and now ya bring Mr. Winky into this!!!!!!! This is War......and besides the Black ones are best.........*laugh* ...Harleys I mean.......

When I got back into Riding from a 25 year or so break ...... I didnt like the idea of Buying a $20,000 bike and maybe laying it down.....so I found a super nice bike (Volusia) for about 1/4 the cost. Nice riding bike, handles better than my H-D. Perfect for what I wanted...and I didnt look like a pi--ant riding a elephant....like I would have on a sposter....these are great bikes...and a very great bike for the money.....one thing I wish my H-D had that metrics do........"price tag"...but then we wouldnt want them?????? We would want some higher pricedbike??????....just some thoughts.

people are funny animals......

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

my .02

I've met as many real 'bikers' on metrics as i have on harleys. the rest are just a bunch of loud mouthed poseurs needing a substitute for their lil winky.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Haji4,

I hear what your saying , I like them Sporties too , only reason I have a Deuce is I needed something bigger for 2-up riding , Mamas not a small gal . Besides the Deuce to me anyways looks like a stretched bigger Sportster ! The only guys I get any bashing ( crap ) from are my GEEZERGLIDE riding buddies , want to know when I'm getting a dresser ? I'm too young for one of those things , 50 , hell I'll be too young at 80 if I should make it that long . Personally I don't bash anyones ride , even metrics . Not everyone can afford or wants to put out that much for a toy . As far as different Harley models go , all are beautiful in their own way and to each his own , not everbody has the same idea of the perfect bike .

Dan

Quick Reply: I guess folks are never satisfied