General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 05:08 PM
scoobs
Tourer
Default RE: Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal

Last summer I bought my 07 Road King from the dealer in Appleton WI. Did the deal over the phone. They did not have in stock what I had but after talking to them they found what I wanted. Deal ended up being MSRP and only WI fees(tax etc). 15% off all added accessories w/installation included,15% off everything in the store for a year. 1/2 off first service. Beat the hell out of the "deal" that Wausau was going to give me. By the way, I didn't talk to the guys on the floor, I went right to the sales mgr.(Digger) Don't know what he could do for you now but might be worth a phone call. He dosen't remember my name but when ever I have been in the store he asks how my King is running. Must be able to put the face and bike together.

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:06 PM
msh134
Road Warrior

good luck finding one with hd cutting 26000 bikes from production this year i think the best you will find will be msrp + freight and shipping

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:15 PM
retep2281
Cruiser

Look up Leo @ Wildfire HD in VillaPark, IL. Tell him what your looking for with the best price you have found....they guarentee to beat any deal. Also tell him that Chicago HD was going to give you free prep, and doc fees. Tell him that D.J. and the Orbell's sent you in or refered him to you and he'll help you out. Last year my family bought 3 bikes (Ultra Classic, Heritage, Deluxe) so he tends to like us. Good luck and be patient youll find your deal. PM me if you have any more questions.

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:16 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: msh134

good luck finding one with hd cutting 26000 bikes from production this year i think the best you will find will be msrp + freight and shipping
It went right by you the fact they are cutting production is that bikes on sitting on the floors?

Try Thunder in the Valley, Mankato. They justsold one of our benefit rides a raffle bike at the lowest cost of any dealer in Mn.

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:48 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

ORIGINAL: msh134

that isnt so.....read a few posts in this thread for dealers selling below MSRP. And that's just the ones that a few of us know about. The production cut is because sales are soft and the market is flooded with bikes. The '09's are just 4 months away, and the dealers need to unloadmost of the '08's by then

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:51 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

ORIGINAL: scoobs

15% off all added accessories w/installation,15% off everything in the store for a year. 1/2 off first service.
Everybody gets 20% off all of the time at Zanotti's

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:14 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mstakern

I just called HD of Palm Beach, and the do have $1,100.00 off big twins, but will not ship the bike to you for free. That is on your dime, but $1,100.00 off is a great deal. It is all MSRP here in Ohio.
Yes, that is their standard response. Call them back and ask if the bike you want is in stock. If it is, tell them you are ready to buy today if they will ship it for free. Don't hesitate to negotiate the shipping fee. Should you need financing, that can be done over the phone as well.

When I was in their showroom last week, they had a huge banner advertising the "$1100 off on big twins, more on other models" promotion. Their showroom is loaded and they know how to move bikes.

I think most consumers will either buy or walk away when the salesman quotes MSRP. Everything is negotiable, including Harleys. An important aspect is not to shop price when in the showroom. Do that over the phone.

When I bought my American IronHorse the dealer hit me at $35,000+++. I wound up, 3 hours later, for $28,500 out the door. I shopped that bike from North Carolina to Florida, so I pretty much knew what I could buy it for.

Last August I traded the IronHorse in on a new Electra Glide Classic. The dealer started me at $5,000 + my bike. I wound up swapping even up! When I shopped the IronHorse over the phone from Florida to Texas, nobody wanted it to start with. If you think Harleys are soft right now, try selling a chopper. They are ice cold.

These are tough times, economically, and sales of "Toys" are the first to feel it.

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:23 PM
hdchit
Advanced

I bought my Screaming Eagle Dyna and my wifes Super Glide Custom last year from Bala's in Mauston Wisconsin which is about three and a half hours from the Twin Cities. No freight, no setup, 1000 dollars of Msrp on the Screaming Eagle 1600 off on the Super Glide. the Super Glide was an 06 which was still on the floor. I bought them in November of 06. A smaller dealer but I would recommend them.

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:08 PM
flyinlow
|
Advanced

Thanks for all the info everyone, it helps.

Hey Raxus, I contacted Big Barn and he quoted me 22,000 for a Road King Classic (non abs, non anniversary) but said he would take $2000 off that price. Not much of a deal if you ask me.

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:20 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

Capitol Harley in Lansing Michigan , had a promotion... all bikes at msrp, out the door. I think the promotion ended , but it might be worth a try.You might want to check them out.

Quick Reply: Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal