General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 06:55 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Default RE: Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal

Are you set on a particular model/color? did you want it stock or options?should be able to get 20% off any options purchasedand a"strait" rate not bookrate on installed options. If you do get anything installed makesure youtalk to the Service Manager NOT the"Chrome Consultant" he/she often does not know any installation time andknowledge ispretty much limited tothe P&A catalog

I usually stop by the MN deals when traveling from N IL every couple months. never bought a bike but fealt comfortable in ST PAUL, HD and TwinCities South (bought some large accescories and they gave a great deal on shipping since I couldn't fit extra wheels on the bike) keep in mind you'll have the bikes start communting this month. I have to go to Minneapolis at the end of the month aand I'll be lookning at the weather to see if I ride or drive

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:25 AM
xcelr8
Road Master

The place to buy all of your accessories is Zanotti's. 20% off all of the time and reasonable shipping charges (especially if you buy multiple items at the same time). If you only want 1 item, add oil, filters, plugs, etc., to the order. No sales tax. Installation is pretty easy on 90% of the unnecessary crap we stick on our bikes.

Old 03-04-2008 | 11:07 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

I've heard Ernie Williams in Algona, IA has the best deals in Iowa. Mason City, Cedar River are also close to you.

Old 03-04-2008 | 11:14 AM
Gutman
Road Master

PM me and tell me what you want. I will see what I can do. I am in Daville, Il. I don't know what the economy has to do with selling bikes under MSRP, especially when dealers are selling bikes now, but I will see if we can meet at something. The time to really deal was Jan-Feb. Dealers had such a bad Oct-Dec it made the first two months even worse. Bikes have been moving the last few weeks.

Old 03-04-2008 | 11:49 AM
xcelr8
Road Master

Palm Beach Harley offers $1100under MSRPany big twin, more on other models. Noextra fees. The deal can be done over the phone and the bike will be shipped to your door.

Old 03-04-2008 | 11:58 AM
Scrapin
Intermediate

I met a guya while backwho claimed he always gota good deal from Eric at Twin Cities HD in Lakeville, MN http://www.tchd.com/default.asp. I called the dude when I was looking to trade my sporty in on a new Heritage. I seem to recall he offereda discount on the new bike but wouldn't give chit for the sportster. I actually ended up buying up here in Duluth. Even though I paid MSRP I still made out better on the trade. They gave me 10% off of all accessories I bought that day as well. If you don't have a trade it might be worth checking them out. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:00 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master

ORIGINAL: flyinlow

I've done that to all the dealers in Minnesota and between here and Des Moines, so far none of them want to sell below MSRP.

Obviously they aren't concerned about the economy, must think they are going to easily sell all their product this year.
They sure are worried about the economy...THEIR economy. I don't care what anyone says about HD, they sell their bikes, and "deals" are few and far in between. HD, as far as I'm concered, are never a "deal" off the showroom floor.

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:37 PM
dz672
Cruiser

Bob Schultz Motorcycle in St. Charles, MO. will gladly relieve you of your hard earned money. While screwing you, they will even give you a reach around for a nominal service charge. The customer service there is great also. While charging you for work that was never done, the "service manager" will be sure to let you know that he is doing you a favor by taking all of that no-good money off your hands.

Old 03-04-2008 | 04:21 PM
mstakern
Tourer

I just called HD of Palm Beach, and the do have $1,100.00 off big twins, but will not ship the bike to you for free. That is on your dime, but $1,100.00 off is a great deal. It is all MSRP here in Ohio.

Old 03-04-2008 | 05:04 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

ORIGINAL: mstakern

I just called HD of Palm Beach, and the do have $1,100.00 off big twins, but will not ship the bike to you for free. That is on your dime, but $1,100.00 off is a great deal. It is all MSRP here in Ohio.

Sounds like a one way ticket would be worth the trip, break the bike in the first time your ride it. You might have to stop and get the oil changed on the way home to meet break in requirements.

Quick Reply: Looking for dealer in the Midwest who is willing to deal