General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston TX Highways

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Houston TX Highways

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

ORIGINAL: HarleyGal1200C

We are going to Missouri City.

Thanks for the feedback
I would suggest taking 290 to rt36 atBrenham go south on 36 to 59 at Rosenburg then 59 to Mo. City. It's a longer route but avoids most of the real crazy traffic. 59 may get a little heavy near Mo City but it is the least of all evils. I used to live in Mo City a few years ago and now live in Bellville. Have used this route often getting to the SW side. I'm sure others will have alternate routes so you will have choices.
Good Luck, ride safe, Mark
+1... I can't think of a better route.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the time you ride ROT - riding in Houston will be easy......

Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced

ORIGINAL: wahoo4bmt

Sounds like you plan on coming to Mo City then go to Austin. Where are you coming from?
We are really coming from Reno Nevada and actually going to San Antonio first to visit some friends then going to Houston, coming back to SA then going to rideto Luckenbackthen back to SAthen to Austin.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced

ORIGINAL: texan321

We have Street Vibrations here in Reno, not as big as ROT but still thousands of bikes. I can't wait to be there in Texas, just love your state.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: texan321

I can only assume texan321 WAS once a texan but he now hails from Florida! I don't agree with his statement. Houston drivers are the worst I've ever ridden with, incl. Chicago, LA, Wash D.C., NY city, Paris, and Rome. ROT may be a bunch of drunken crazies but nothing like the 80-90 mph circus on Houston highways. Ain't nuthin' like it, to be avoided if at all possible, 2 wheels or 4! IMless thanHO!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you plan on coming to Mo City then go to Austin. Where are you coming from?
We are really coming from Reno Nevada and actually going to San Antonio first to visit some friends then going to Houston, coming back to SA then going to rideto Luckenbackthen back to SAthen to Austin.
OK, now thatI know where you're coming from... I change my route. depending on your time, you can eithertravelfrom SA on I-10, turn south at The Grand Parkway #99 to US Alt 90 Northeast to Missouri City, which is probably the quickest - but not the most scenic. the best "bike" ride is to pick up US Alt 90 in Seguin (about 20 miles East of SA) and follow it to Missouri City. Alt 90 parallels I-10.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In that case, take I10, pick up 36 south at Sealy, then on to Rosenberg, 59 to Mo. City. Good Luck, Mark

Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced

Thanks to all who helped, ride safe and stay safe.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
HarleyGal1200C
Advanced

ORIGINAL: aviator

OK, now thatI know where you're coming from... I change my route. depending on your time, you can eithertravelfrom SA on I-10, turn south at The Grand Parkway #99 to US Alt 90 Northeast to Missouri City, which is probably the quickest - but not the most scenic. the best "bike" ride is to pick up US Alt 90 in Seguin (about 20 miles East of SA) and follow it to Missouri City. Alt 90 parallels I-10.

Sorry I was not more clear, my husband complains about that with me all of the time. Thank you for all of the info.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Coming to Missouri City from San Antonio I would exit off I-10 at Hwy 99 (just east of Katy) and go south to 90A. Turn left on 90A and go straight through Sugar Land into Missouri City.

Leaving to go to Austin I would get on Beltway 8 (try to avoid rush hour) and go north and take 290 to Austin. The only bad part about the Beltway is the bridges are really high and have low guard rails. It a but nerve wrecking the first time you you exit and have to ride into the clouds. Between Missouri City and 290 you will need $2.50 worth of quarters for each bike unless you want to sit in line at the full serv window.

Quick Reply: Houston TX Highways