General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting sale to a someone on HD forms

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:27 AM
lecomte38
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Interesting sale to a someone on HD forms

$120 shipping???? were they still on the motorcycle??

Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: John TN

For sure one must look at all costs when selling whether in business or private sales. Also I feel one must learn patience,,, the buyer did what you agreed,,, sent you the money in a timely fashion and you shipped in timely fashion.

The patience I refer to is this,,,although you didn't name him,,, now you have made a rant in the open forum towards him without knowing if he actually has knowledge of your dilemma of miscalculation of the shipping,, it wasn't his fault,,, you admit it was yours, but you have implied that he is not thankful of you and should have helped on the cost.

I guess what I'm saying is this fellow did nothing wrong for you to rant on him here about this deal on which you both had agreed on.
true.

maybe i'll do a rant post re: not being reimbursed for all the times i've been OVERcharged for shipping by sellers.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I sold a item to someone here & never heard a thing. OK, move on, no need to tell the world. Oh crap, I just did

Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
brainfrz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've sold a lot of chit on forums/ebay... I'd say check the confirmation number and see if it was delivered- if so, grow a pair and forget about it. Once I sold something where I underestimated the shipping so much that it cost more to send the item then money I recieved for it. $hit happens, you just gotta take the fall for it. To be honest with you, if someone did that to me, I wouldn't fling them more cash because I already had a price agreed upon.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

So after I got my V&H softail duals for my bike, I decided to sell my BSS. Long story short I sold them to someone here (who will remain nameless). He sent me a USPS money order for the amount agreed upon and I got the pipes out the same day. Only problem was shipping cost me a lot more than I had estimated. Because of the shape and weight of the box and the packing stuff I had to buy the shipping came out to be $120.00, well that's really my fault since I didn't investigate the price better. Well I PM him after I sent the pipes out with the tracking number so he can see when and where they are. I also asked if he could kick me a few more buck for cost of shipping that would be great, but if not I understand because we already agreed upon a price. Well 5 days later, I haven't even gotten a thanks for sending the pipes or anything from the guy. Now it is entirely possible that he hasn't logged on and so on, but if I sent some guy I didn't know a money order for a fair amount of money, I would be checking my email and the forum many times a day to see when they were sent. I don't know. In the end a few more bucks for shipping would have been cool but understandable if he didn't want to send any more money because of our agreement, but at least a thanks for shipping them out and not stiffing the guy would have been nice. Ok off rant now, have a good day.

Chris
Nuff said . . .

Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
cou9ar
Road Master

For sure one must look at all costs when selling whether in business or private sales. Also I feel one must learn patience,,, the buyer did what you agreed,,, sent you the money in a timely fashion and you shipped in timely fashion.

The patience I refer to is this,,,although you didn't name him,,, now you have made a rant in the open forum towards him without knowing if he actually has knowledge of your dilemma of miscalculation of the shipping,, it wasn't his fault,,, you admit it was yours, but you have implied that he is not thankful of you and should have helped on the cost.

I guess what I'm saying is this fellow did nothing wrong for you to rant on him here about this deal on which you both had agreed on.
+1

Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

I did the same thing with a set pipes I shipped to someone else on this board. Only in this case, when I told him the price for shipping was more than twice as much as I thought, he send me the extra money minus $10.00 I agreed to eat. Great guy, and great doing business with him. Hope he likes the pipes!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

Exactly. For this guy to come on here and 'rant' about the guy not giving him a 'Thank You' and not offering to help him with costs that he should investigated prior to the sale is kinda' silly. A price was agreed upon, a transaction made, done deal. Whatdya' expect, a letter expressing how great you were along with a 'tip' for the shipping fees? Question: Did YOU send HIM a 'Thank You' for buying them from YOU? Or did you just send him a PM trying to solicit additional funds? Just sayin'.......

Old 03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Chris, are your PM's working properly?

I sent you a PM a few days ago asking you if you'd mind taking a couple measurements of your Daytona 3/4 helmet, and didn't receive so much as a "f*ck you" back. Maybe you're not receiving PM's.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone needs to be aware of the shipping costs forlarge shaped boxes.

I just got some handlebars and cables from someone, I figured the shipping would be around $20-25, I was guessing 15lbs. Imagine my surprise when he told me it was around $75, the weight was only 12.5 lbs. but the box waslarge which jacked the cost up.
It happens.

You can go to UPS.com on-line and check the cost before you agree to something.

My $0.02.

Quick Reply: Interesting sale to a someone on HD forms