General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A different kind of a ride today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A different kind of a ride today...

When I woke up this morning,I decided to ride somewhere I haven't been toin over a year...my bestfriends gravesite.Something just hit me and I knew I had to gohang outhim.Scott died 11 years ago in a car accident.We were friends since kindergarten.We grew up together,played the same sports,went to the same school and had similar interests.He was just an all around good guy and a once in a lifetime type of friend.He was also one of my only friends that rode motorcycles.We both got crotchrockets after graduating high school! I wanted to tell him I finally got the bike I wanted for the longest time.I even gave him a couple of revs when I pulled up.I hung out for about a half hour,wiped his headstone off with my beanie,shared a smoke with him,let him know what I've been up to,and just enjoyed my time there.Back in the day,I would burn a joint and leave him the roach!It seems like he passed just last week.Time surely has flown by.After I left,I topped off the tank and went for a nice ride.It was so nice to get out on the bike and have some time to gather my thoughts.I needed a day like this.I feel much better now.Writing this long post is bringing a tear to my eye.Thanks for listening guys and girls.And here's to you,Scotty!See ya' soon! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A different kind of a ride today...

That is so cool of you to still remember your friend in that special way. I'm sure he appreciates it and wishes he were still riding with you.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure if you look closely out of the corner of you eye I'm sure he is right there with ya chasing the wind. Its good to have friends like that, even if they have moved on. I'm sure that he was glad to see ya.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Hardcore21
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same kind of thing last year for my Dad's birthday. I was studying abroad in Fiji which was the time of my life, I got home saw him for two days and then went to hang out with friends. He ended up passing away that weekend and I was devestated, when i found out he left me some money, the first thing I did after taking care of bills was to buy my bike. On his birthday i rode out to his gravesite and showed off the bike, then did the same thing and took a long ride, nothing like a tankful of gas on a beautiful day to make everything alright, the whole time i rode it felt like he was right behind me...it was fun, Thanks Dad!