General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drunk Biker

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:52 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Drunk Biker

Have you ever spoken to a person who has lost a family member to a drunk driver. This will sober you up in a hurry. The stupid thing is that most of the posts I read in the local hog chapter website condons the drinking and riding lifestyle.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 AM
99octane
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A pint of beer, especially most light lagers you got in the USA, won't do much, especially if you accompany it with something to eat.
One can enjoy a beer and ride perfectly safe. A cold can daze you much more than that.
But I wouldn't go past one, and only one.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:08 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I developed the habit a long time ago that when I'm on an overnighter or longer I will stay in a motel/hotel that either has a bar and restaurant or is located close enough to a bar/restaurant that once I park the bike it's off for the night. If by some odd chance I have to ride my bike to get some food I simply don't drink till I get back to my room.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:11 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: OhioSkully

I love to drink don't get me wrong but i don't mix the two (bike and beer) if i pull in to a bar and i know iam going to eat there i will have one drink before my meal eat and then pop or something.

One that i always wonder how more don't get hurt is your bike nights dam **** load of bikes everyone walking around with beer in there hands for hours and hours and then they all leave some lucky boys out there.

Even cpl guys i work with that go down to bike night have come in the next day and iam like how late you stay ahhhhh till about 2am dam your nuts how the hell you get home i rode man i was wasted. I told him dum *** lucky you made it.

I aint preaching and i am no saint either just be careful all iam saying.
It is a trend that guys hit the time in their life when the kids are raised and the bills are paid and they buy a bike and hit bike nights and drink and crash and die. That is the largest increase in motorcycle fatalities, middle aged men drinking and riding.

I don't know what that is saying but I figure that their insurance is paid up and it still isn't my place to live anyone how to live, or die for that matter.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:16 AM
roadgeek
Road Master

I use the tire limit.

Two Tires no more that two beers....four tires no more than four beers.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

I do not drink any more but back in the late 60s & 70s i was a mess
Rotation tow helped me with the decision. Spent to much time cleaning up after them & watching lives wrecked from it
Now mypersonal relationship with Jesushas convicted me not to drink

Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 AM
RoadRunner1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tis is a byker fourum, bee a litel undastandin. Not everyone belongs to the Mensa Society.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:38 AM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 142 Posts

I had a few beers while hanging out at the beach. I got on my bike, started it and let the clutch out--then tipped over. I forgot I had the front tire chained. I think it was Gods way of saying " not a good idea,dumbass".

Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Makes me want to drive an 18-wheeler...

ORIGINAL: roadgeek

I use the tire limit.

Two Tires no more that two beers....four tires no more than four beers.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:01 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cheftail

So today in Tn it was in the mid 60s perfect day to get out and do some ridin. After the ride I stopped at the local biker bar to have sweet tea and check out the bikes. I pulled up and saw this guy andgirl mackin out and did not think anything of it. Well then 5 min later I heard the crowd (about 50 ppl) go OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! the bike tips over AHHHHHHHH the bike hits the ground (so does billy bad##s). The bike is on of thoes BIG DOGS. The guy was so drunk I dont even think he cared. So then his buddies walked him away and the crowed started cheering WOOOO HOOO. Any way I have no problems with drinking I just choose to drink sweet tea when I am scootin around. Just be careful IT AINT WORTH IT! I aint preachin but 2 wheeks are alot squirrler than four.
Ride safe
Oh I think the girl was trying to get him away from the bike.
Maybe he didn't care because it wasn't his bike and his girlfriend was trying to get him away to keep him from getting his *** kicked.

Quick Reply: Drunk Biker