General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 AM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cell phones

new law in jersey ,talking and texting while driving
think this will make it any safer for us on the road?
100.00 fine first offense .

Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 AM
captain m
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cell phones

Now all you got to worry about is... cagers slamming on the brakes every time they get a call or pulling over without warning....be careful!!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We need all the help we can get out there...it's gotta be of benefit...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 AM
jimrs
Intermediate

I have to agree, Cell Phones should be outlawed. Most people can't put on make-up, read a newspaper, map and drive at the same time. Now they have to talk on the stupid phone while trying to do it while driving. I followed a guy yesterday that was driving 30 M.P.H. in a 55 M.P.H. zone talking on the phone. They make me nervous and mad as hell. I don't think that any laws are going to stop them from doing it. People today are ME, ME, ME, they care less about you. If they hit you it's now your fault for not watching out for them.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimrs

I have to agree, Cell Phones should be outlawed. Most people can't put on make-up, read a newspaper, map and drive at the same time. Now they have to talk on the stupid phone while trying to do it while driving. I followed a guy yesterday that was driving 30 M.P.H. in a 55 M.P.H. zone talking on the phone. They make me nervous and mad as hell. I don't think that any laws are going to stop them from doing it. People today are ME, ME, ME, they care less about you. If they hit you it's now your fault for not watching out for them.
+1 1/2 jimrs. That's all it boils down to, "respect" or the lack thereof. A guy can do so much to your bike, LED's, additonal lights, pulsating lights, but if the idiots are not paying attention, they won't see ANY of it in the first place. Momma has picked up this UnGodly habit of eating in the car going to work. Get on her everytime I see wrapperz or junk in her cage. Worst part - she is a licensed RIDER. DUH, would you want someone else hurrdling down the road, chowing down and coming up behind you at 60+? Don't think so. And her daughter is the WORST tailgater I know, and a friggin' speed demon on top of it. P*sses me off to be around 'em at times.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Old Bones
Road Master

When cell phones are outlawed, only outlaws will have cell phones.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I wish they'd do the same thing around here. If I had a nickel for everytime I've been cutoff by some dip, followed someone weaving like a drunk, or crawling along well under the speed limit, only to realize they have their head glued to a cellphone, I'd have a LOT of nickels. Weirdest cellphone incident ever; about two years back I saw a gent who looked like Santa, riding down the road on his Heritage, but going really slow. (I was coming toward him in the opposite lane...) I slowed down, thinking I'd see if he needed help. As I got closer I realized he was on his cellphone!!! He was so engrossed in his coversation, he didn't even seem to notice the long line of cars behind him!! I don't know how he got to be an old rider. [>:]

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 AM
sharkeydude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kato1964

I wish they'd do the same thing around here. If I had a nickel for everytime I've been cutoff by some dip, followed someone weaving like a drunk, or crawling along well under the speed limit, only to realize they have their head glued to a cellphone, I'd have a LOT of nickels. Weirdest cellphone incident ever; about two years back I saw a gent who looked like Santa, riding down the road on his Heritage, but going really slow. (I was coming toward him in the opposite lane...) I slowed down, thinking I'd see if he needed help. As I got closer I realized he was on his cellphone!!! He was so engrossed in his coversation, he didn't even seem to notice the long line of cars behind him!! I don't know how he got to be an old rider. [>:]
I guess he got lost on delivery! It sure was'nt my house.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this is just another feel good law. Idon't think it will matter much. I think that this new law will be mostly ineffective but if it saves one life thats one life saved and a lot of people call that a success. Most likely it can't and will not make people more observant. I think cell phones are just one of the many distractions. Been said on here many times stupid is as stupid does. A lot of people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Never trust peoplein something that has more than two wheelswhen riding their bump can be your death. Just my opinion.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Bigfat
Cruiser

Don't get me started on cell phones [:@]

Quick Reply: cell phones