General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?

Guilty here, motorcycles and cigars. I always seem to fess up after long whippings.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
cornishman
Road Master

RAWHIDE07 i,m pretty much with you. Hell she did,nt know i,d bought one until i rode up on it. She did,nt speak a whole lot for about a month............. Christ if i knew that was gonna happen i would,ave bought a dearer one.......... might,av kept quiet for two.
As for the parts, i sold a load of BMW bike parts on ebay..............you /she would,nt BELIEVE how expensive BMW parts are, and how cheap Harley parts are.........would,ya.
Ride safe guys.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

This thread makes me glad I'm not married.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 PM
msh134
Road Warrior

yup and thats all i gonna say

Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Not yet.

Reminds me though. I have a friend who was always telling his wife that every new thing he bought was mine, and he was just storing it for me at his place! Worked pretty well until she told me she was going to start charging me for storage. I said, "Fine, let's load it up in my truck and I'll take it home". He had to fess up.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
danielo
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, she knows,and she also knows that whatever I buy,that I will give her the same amount to buy what she wants,

Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I buy most of my stuff off of eBay. While I admittedly spend far more than most would consider sensible on my bike (except for the other folks on here!! lol), I figure why lie to her about what I spent? She does get a little choked at the total expenditure at times, but I try to show her how much I'm saving on each piece by buying it on eBay, vice buying it at MSRPfrom the local HD dealership. Besides, it isn't as if we can't cover the mortgage, buy groceries, or our kids are lacking for anything, because of what I spend on my bike. I've quit smoking, and rarely drink now. A man has to have SOME vices.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM
floydpink
Tourer

ORIGINAL: springerGT

Guilty here, motorcycles and cigars. I always seem to fess up after long whippings.
My two vices as well. I now get the packages of cigars before her as she can't imagine why I need yet another box of Cuban cigars sent from Switzerland.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master
Default RE: DOES ANhttp://pagead2.googlesyndicatiYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?

We have the Don't ask NEVER tell policy. I have a system though. When she goes on one of her "it was on sale" conquests, she will always tell me the prices of "how much she saved". Women will always tell you about a great deal, they can't help it!(remember this single about to be married people). I calculate all of the original prices in my head, tally, get the final number and that is what I am allowed to spend on my next "HD had it on sale" day. Works perfectly! Never an argument because fair is fair. She never has questioned it. Of course all of it is within reason for both of us.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Bear64
Banned

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

I'm guilty,I always tell my wife that the stuff I buy for the Harley is less than it really is,am I the only one?
no, I hide nothing from her, when she married me I had 3 kids and 5 Harleys, one in the den tore down..when we go to the shop and I even look at something, she pipes right up, you should buy that..Told her yesterday that I wanted a new gun for cowboy shooting, she said OK..best women a man could have, been married for 39 years come this July. [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?