General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Potato
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?

I've found the perfect solution to this problem. Everything I buy is for safety, to protect the environment or to keep the "investment"
in good shape . These new grips and levers provide a more sure grip in the rain to say nothing of the sticky tires... the chrome sliders keep the front end from corroding... the rotors too. Of course chrome in as many places as you can find to put it works just like safety reflectors at night, the new pipes and air cleaner help the fuel more burn more efficiently improving economy and creating less greenhouse gases, and loud pipes save lives - everyone knows that. Oh yeah the new airhorns and calipers... well that's obvious. New seats are comfortable than the old ones even though "it might take a little time to appreciate the difference from the old one". The best part is it's all the truth, right? Cams, fuel management... who knows what's "inside there". Honesty is the best policy!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
The Punisher
Banned

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

I'm guilty,I always tell my wife that the stuff I buy for the Harley is less than it really is,am I the only one? I'm editing this now because my wife isa lot smarter than I am and she always knows when I lie,Send help please!

Hell she has her own bike, and knows how to read the parts catalog. No sense in trying to hide anything. The ***** expensive.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
The Punisher
Banned

ORIGINAL: RAWHIDE07

I'm guilty,I always tell my wife that the stuff I buy for the Harley is less than it really is,am I the only one? I'm editing this now because my wife isa lot smarter than I am and she always knows when I lie,Send help please!

Hell she has her own bike, and knows how to read the parts catalog. No sense in trying to hide anything. The ***** expensive.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and the wife came to an unofficial agreement many years ago, she stopped doing the bills and checkbook because I wasnt going to live by her rules and she knew it would drive her insane. So she does her thing with her checking account and I do all the books and buy whatever the hell I can afford without getting into debt. Works out great !! She can save the children in Africa and I can get my Quick Detach Sissy bar set-up !!![sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
MotorMedic
Advanced

Lo these many years I searched for a group of HONEST, HARDWORKING FOLKS that I could communicate with.Now I find out that some of them are less than expected. I can't believe it!

All right, I'm only KIDDIN. For God sakes, be a man. I tried that less than truthful crap with the first wife and I'm still paying for that (But only for 5 more years).

I've been with this wife for 16 years and she actually suggested I buy "a nice Harley or something". The new EG Classic is getting prepped this week and I'm a happy guy. Happy husband + happy wife (with new tricked out kitchen) = Happy marriage. If you're working for a living and paying the bills, do what makes you happy. If you die rich, the relatives are just gonna fight over your S#%t. Don't give 'em the satisfaction.

Joe

Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to, but then I decided that it'd just be easier to get rid of her. So, now I don't have to hide it, but then, I don't have any money to spend on the bike anymore.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
BillyO
Road Captain

Bike. WHAt bike ??

Old 03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
scubabike420
Cruiser

We have the mutual understanding. I don't ask how much the new shoes were and she doesn't ask about the boxes that get delivered periodically. We both have good restraint but every once in a while one of us goes a little over board. I plan on going over board next fall with head work and cams. "but honey, that's what they recommend at the 20,000 mile service".

Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser

She don't tell me what it costs to get her hair and nails done (course I don't ask either!) Fair is fair!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=burnout.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Quick Reply: DOES ANYONE ELSE HIDE THE TRUE COST OF HD STUFF FROM THEIR SPOUSE?