General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to california any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Xguy
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: going to california any ideas

ORIGINAL: AandMAutobody

me and a couple friends are going to los angeles next week and planing on renting motorcycles one day i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or ideas for us why we were out there and if anybody knows how the cops are out there towards motorcyclists
Well I dunno why the other guys are scaring you from LA, but that's all I know, so I'll try to help you since your coming anyway, you can rent your bikes from glandale harley, it's subsidesed under the name of eagle riders, http://www.eaglerider.com/
from there you are 20 min from Hollywood (where I live BTW) , so you can cruise up Los feliz blvd which will lead you to hollywood, ask the guys for direction it's fairely easy, once you've checked out hollywood depends what time it is, I would keep on going on sunset BLvd heading west, it's a nice cruise will take you all the to PCH (pacific coast highway)I would say 45min depending on the speed , make a right turn there, and cruise along the beach all the way to Mailbutill you hit "Kanan" another maybe half an hour, then this will take you up Santa monica mountains in a very nice mountain road, and it will lead you to the world famous "rock store" stop there have a good time with many riders, and if you're lucky you might run into many clebreties such as Jay leno, when done take Kanan down to the 101 freeway heading east to the 134 (glendale) freeway wich will lead you to glendale again to return your bikes. get some direction or GPS it's a nice around the twon ride and you pretty much will cover the most site seing in Los angeles a biker can see.
Have fun

Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head for the coast and go north along the coast. Or head south towards Palos Verdes. The weather is perfect here for riding, and yes most of the drivers are morons. Half cant stop talking on the cell phone while driving and the other half are in a hurry and not paying attention.
But LA is truly a great place if you are careful.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
michaelvs710
Cruiser

well mike with all these great ideas i guess we wont need to be going to tijuana to watch the donkey and the woman make passionate love

Old 02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
sbdynafan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Xguy

ORIGINAL: AandMAutobody

me and a couple friends are going to los angeles next week and planing on renting motorcycles one day i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or ideas for us why we were out there and if anybody knows how the cops are out there towards motorcyclists
Well I dunno why the other guys are scaring you from LA, but that's all I know, so I'll try to help you since your coming anyway, you can rent your bikes from glandale harley, it's subsidesed under the name of eagle riders, http://www.eaglerider.com/
from there you are 20 min from Hollywood (where I live BTW) , so you can cruise up Los feliz blvd which will lead you to hollywood, ask the guys for direction it's fairely easy, once you've checked out hollywood depends what time it is, I would keep on going on sunset BLvd heading west, it's a nice cruise will take you all the to PCH (pacific coast highway)I would say 45min depending on the speed , make a right turn there, and cruise along the beach all the way to Mailbutill you hit "Kanan" another maybe half an hour, then this will take you up Santa monica mountains in a very nice mountain road, and it will lead you to the world famous "rock store" stop there have a good time with many riders, and if you're lucky you might run into many clebreties such as Jay leno, when done take Kanan down to the 101 freeway heading east to the 134 (glendale) freeway wich will lead you to glendale again to return your bikes. get some direction or GPS it's a nice around the twon ride and you pretty much will cover the most site seing in Los angeles a biker can see.
Have fun
There you go I was going to suggest the same ride... it is one of the more popular rides to do as a short/half day.
If you are looking to ride and see a little more coast and want to venture out of the sprawl? Once you go up to the Rock store head back down to PCH (ask anybody at the store) and then head north on PCH to Santa Barbara and then head in to Solvang for lunch, you are in the southern wine country called Santa Ynez Valley(pronounced E nez) here is a little link with a map of the region http://www.syvva.com/html/map.phpthere are some great vinyards if your into wine tasting... usually the food is good at the vinyards and they are very motorcycle friendly.

Have fun and don't listen to the banter... L.A. is just fine to ride in, I would be more scared of Oregon and crazy's with guns...

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Xguy's advice. Although Hollywood is a strange place.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

Are ya goin' to California with an achin' in your heart?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wherever you go, let me join you for a ride. i live here so i can meet you anywhere, just pm me

Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How long are you guys going to be in town?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The Rockstore is nice , and Neptune's Net is a must see for tourists on a weekend as well. The Rock Store is a must do on a Sunday as it is the most crowded and you can really get a feel for how many motorcyclists we have in the local area and you can see tons of bikes. You can rent from most dealers. There is a place called route 66 riders in MDR (Marina Del Rey) that I have rented from before. It all depends on where you are staying. http://www.route66riders.com/
Feel free to PM me and I will help you figure this out and give you directions if needed. I might even be able to join you depending on what is happening at work.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
1320Busa
2nd Gear

hey big sled you don't know your geographical area do you. Bezerkly is 6 hrs north, you don't want to bend over in the Castro district in Frisco.

Quick Reply: going to california any ideas