General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamondback cable discovery

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:09 PM
pwer pla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diamondback cable discovery

I'm in the process of changing out my stock cables with sterling chromite. cables look awesome, but one word of caution, be very careful when threading clutch cable into trans cover it is very possible to snap off the end in the cover and lead to a costly mistake, don't ask me how I know lets just say that it will be another 4-5 days until I am riding again.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
coastrider
Road Master

Thanks for the info. Cables are the next thing on my list.

Ride Safe.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<<< has the magnum chromite sterling II lines on his fatboy 07, couldnt be happier with them... specially the price vs. HDs

But I did switch the plug wires from chromite sterling IIs to kool-lines version.. in which the kool-lines are made better and better looking at the boot ends...

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

<<< has the magnum chromite sterling II lines on his fatboy 07, couldnt be happier with them... specially the price vs. HDs

But I did switch the plug wires from chromite sterling IIs to kool-lines version.. in which the kool-lines are made better and better looking at the boot ends...
I just looked over the Kool Lines web site and your right they do look a bit more "finished". And best of all is that they cost less than half what the Magnum's go for.

Gumby,
The reason I asked is that a while agoa couple of guysreporting that they had ignition problems with the braided plug wires. Apparentlythe wires they had were having issues where they were arcingthrough the insulation to the braiding. I don't remember it being abrand specific complaint. More likely it was just acouple of guys who happened toget hold of a bad or defective set.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to know since new bars and cables are next up for me.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, sorry, I guess I never thought about mentioning it either. I meanI sell Harley's and like a lot of their parts and accessories, but would never in a million years pay their price for cables. Even with myemployee discount they are still ridiculous.I go through the Fat Book and then order mine through www.sorgys.com in Texas, just because he gives me the best discount. Either Barnett's or Magnum are easily as good.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey.....thanks for the link Sam.......you sell bikes in eastern Canada and turns out Sorgy's is only about 60 miles from me.....didn't know they were even there........

Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
dlg1125
Cruiser

Man just wanted to revamp this thread with all the winter projects coming up....Just saved myself about 80 Bucks on Diamondback cables!!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, when I inquiried about my cables about 4 months ago, because I wanted to get the black braided ones from HD, my buddy at my dealer looked at me, smiled and said, why don't you get the Magnum Shielding ones. They're the same fellas who make ours. After that, Magnum all the way!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Harley43147
Tourer

Citori.
Thank you very much. I wasn't planning on changing my cables just yet, but this just gives me an excuse to add one more mod..... Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: Diamondback cable discovery