Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALR Patch

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ALR Patch

Looking for a little advice or opinions. I am a part of the American Legion Riders and here at my Chapter ionMichigan we have the center American Legion Riders Patch and a top rocker that says Veteran and the bottom rocker that says Michigan. I am very proud to be a Navy Veteran fo 20 yaears service and of the American Legion but am wondering if this patch can get you in hot water with Outlaw and 1% MC's. Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Wildcat68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALR Patch

If you are wearing it and a member of a MC ask you to remove, it would be in your best interest to do so, then get clarification on what is appropriate.

If I am not mistake the American Legion Riders down this way have a single patch with all info contained.

Good for you for caring enough to investigate, do your homework and showrespect and respect will be given in return.

U.S. Navy Vetmyself, good luck shipmate

Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Depends on the dominate MC and COC of your specific State...

In Kansas (for example), the ALR had the back patch, and also a chapter/town rocker under the patch.

During a scheduled COC meeting (held in Topeka) concerned was expressed, and the ALR agreed to remove the 'territory/city' rocker from the back of their vests. I believe the State ALR leaders sent out word for it's members to remove the bottom rocker.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do believe I'll remove the Michigan rocker and just have the ALR patch and the Veteran Rocker on the top and that should cure all issues and I wouldn't have a three piece patch to have to deal with.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Wildcat68
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: WVICEMAN

I do believe I'll remove the Michigan rocker and just have the ALR patch and the Veteran Rocker on the top and that should cure all issues and I wouldn't have a three piece patch to have to deal with.
Probably the best bet...

Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

You shouldn't have any problem at all wearing Military/Unit patches, either on the front or rear of the vest...

Or as they say, 'wear them with pride' as all Veterans should.

But seriously, you can argee or disagree, and like it or not, but in the motorcycle community what is worn on the rear of the vest will usually cause more concern to some thanwhat isworn on the front.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There have been similar inquiries concerning PGR patches, with the top and bottom rockers. And as has already been stated, it comes down to the Club who is the"state" club. Here we are an HA state. And "to my knowledge" and I see and visit with the HA's alot at events in the Cities, they have "never" raised any stink over "military" org patches. Tothe HA's,it is definitely a respect thing for the guys who have served. Viet Vets, ALR, PGR, etc. They are bikers, and FREEDOM is something they understand REAL well. Now, that is the HA's and Mn. Not sure of Iowa, and I would be "leary" in Wisc.MY guess, and just a guess, if the Amer. Leg. would approach the Coalition, they would recognize and give the thumbs up, go for it, to the ALR. Just have the "patch" design with you when you try. JMHO GUMBY

Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 AM
cadillac
Road Master

It took Iowa a long time for the CoC to recognize and give their "blessing" on us PGR members wearing the large PGR pacth on the back of our vest/jacket. Nothing above or below was the stipulation... We just got that approval late last year if I remember right.

bob

Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I think people should be able to wear what they want without fear of reprisal from others.

This is, after all, The United States of America. This great land of ours, including the state of Michigan, does not belong to any individual or group of motorcycle riders. Motorcylce clubs, whatever the state they think they "own" should stay out of what others do and just ride.

To each their own, live and let live.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So if I feel like going to the surplus store to buy a uniform and some medals, I should be able to go to the VFW on Friday night with no problem?

Quick Reply: ALR Patch