General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a damn ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got a damn ticket!

Well, you obviously didn't have your game on and tell the officer he looked FABULOUS in that uniform and that you would like to buy one just for fashion! Oh wait...................

nevermind!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Wildcat68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tickets suck..

Old 02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
sbdynafan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SoCal Harley

Here in SoCal they have the stupid lights you have to wait for to get on the freeway, so I am coming home from work, a LONG line of cages waiting to get on the freeway. I go around them (on the shoulder) at about 5MPH. Then I get behind a cage while he is entering the freeway.......at the time I shift to 2nd, I hear sirens and see lights. A SDPD pickup truck went on the dirt on the shoulder and got me...................I have been doing this forever.........I guess i gotta watch it from now on..............oh yeah, the ticket is for 168$!!!!
So all of you Cali riders beware............
I get your point... those F'n freeway lights are rediculous! they don't work and those on ramps are the most uncomfortable places to have to stop and start and stop and start. You just got a cop with a bur up his... well you know.
When I went to traffic school the instructor went into detail (mostly due to the ignorant people complaining about bikes on the road) about a lot of the motorcycle laws inCali, and he touched on the spliting lanes and stop lights thing... he pretty much said most cops don't agree with giving a motorcycle a ticket for the catcth 22s that come along with splitting because they know how much of a pain in the *** it is to deal with traffic on a bike in Socal.

By the way if you have never sat through traffic school and listened to the rediculous questions and perspectives most of the other idiotsattending the classhave... you should because it is mighty entertaining and scary all at the same time!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:19 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

I love when cars pass by dead stopped traffic on the right shoulder & get nailed up ahead by a LEO. Makes my day if I'm sitting at a dead stop.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using the "Ticket Clinic" is soooooooo much easier than all of this banter (to which you always wind up guilty).

see post #19

Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Operator
Advanced

Soooooo, you broke the law and are pissed. Who are you pissed at?

Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not a chip--its all attitude. Shoulders are level, but the heads a little hard.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:20 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

Just think of it as buying a premium steak dinner for those hard workin' LEOs keeping an eye out.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Next time pass on the LEFT and crowd the cars, lane sharing is legal here! I followed a motor cop up an on-ramp, right past a CHP who was waiting in line in his car. He waved!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Operator

Soooooo, you broke the law and are pissed. Who are you pissed at?
Not pissed at all, in fact I'm a happy biker. My post was intended to help those people who received tickets, but want to have them dismissed in entirety. With insurance rates raised for 3 years, the cost of the ticket, points, driving school, etc. it seems that having the ticket dismissed w/o even going to court is a much better solution to the issue. [sm=innoc.gif]

Quick Reply: Got a damn ticket!