General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcyclist shot and killed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:40 PM
BulldogWBVMC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motorcyclist shot and killed.

I dont see the self defense. Like all you, the poor kid was driving away. I have daughters and I know how some times they neglect a few details in their story. I think all 3 should be charged. I see this poor boy as one that was trying to get more info to report their butts to the police. Don't get me wrong I am very quick to protect my family, but i also have learn in my years of experience that there are two side to a story.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, in looking at a map, is possible he turned around in order to get back to the Atlanta Highway. At least a plausable explanation for the second pass.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in their right mind would ram a car with a bike. Such a shame all the way around.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:46 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

ORIGINAL: carpetride

ORIGINAL: CKinAZ

With all the media coverage of girls getting followed and raped/killed, I can see the midset of the father in this situation. Nobody wants their kids to become victims. Shooting somebody (as was described in the article) as they drove by is beyond reason - at least if you take the story as gospel. My questions would be - if the father was carrying a gun and aiming it at the biker, then why did the biker ride by twice? Was he taunting? Doing that to a person you don't know (and could be a mental case) is definitely a bad idea. Was the father being aggravated by the biker or did the biker try to run over the father (assault with a deadly weapon and therefore justifiable homicide)? We don't know. I can imagine some dumbarse kid with more testosterone than brains trying to be all badarse and taunting the girls then their father. Seen plenty punks do shiite like that. Was the biker one of those guys? Was he one of those sexual predators that spends too much time on **** sites and has a warped sense of reality and was thinking he was gonna hook up with those girls? Was the father told by the girls that they felt their lives were being threatened? If my daughter told me that, the animal inside would get let out for sure. I can image the protective rage of a father.

I don't know what to think. I wasn't there. Too many questions, not enough info.
not one thing you mentioned justifies shooting someone in the back..I don't think the father is a mind reader...he has the gun so i doubt the guy could pose much of a threat....I think that's why we have police... you think everyoneshould justbe shooting at each other?

Not being there & only reading a sketchy report at best I can't conclude what happened. But just suppose the biker drove straight at the father & tried to run him down. Dad falls to the ground, spins around & lets off a shot at the back of the bike. Unfortunatly he hits the biker. Self defense, maybe. If he didn't fire could the biker turn around and try again? Maybe. Same thing could have happened if it were a car.

But, like I said, who the f*ck knows from thatarticle.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Rick's parents are great friends of ours, and if you knocked on every door from here to the end of Bogart, everyone will tell you that they're the most wonderful people," Woodie Prince said.
Why do friends and family always say this ****, like it's ok if someone is "the most wonderful people" to do this, but maybe if he was a scumbag, then the family and friends would be pissed off? I am never going to get that.

My niece was mixed up in some freaking cult years ago, and I went in to extract her ***. Didn't need to shoot anybody, even though I felt threatened. I called the police and made sure everything went by the law. HELLO...call 911 and say "uh, my daughters are in their car, license plate bla bla bla, and feeling threatened by a guy on a bike, could you bla bla bla...."

Very sad for all involved.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: golfblues

With all the media coverage of girls getting followed and raped/killed, I can see the midset of the father in this situation. Nobody wants their kids to become victims. Shooting somebody (as was described in the article) as they drove by is beyond reason - at least if you take the story as gospel. My questions would be - if the father was carrying a gun and aiming it at the biker, then why did the biker ride by twice? Was he taunting? Doing that to a person you don't know (and could be a mental case) is definitely a bad idea. Was the father being aggravated by the biker or did the biker try to run over the father (assault with a deadly weapon and therefore justifiable homicide)? We don't know. I can imagine some dumbarse kid with more testosterone than brains trying to be all badarse and taunting the girls then their father. Seen plenty punks do shiite like that. Was the biker one of those guys? Was he one of those sexual predators that spends too much time on **** sites and has a warped sense of reality and was thinking he was gonna hook up with those girls? Was the father told by the girls that they felt their lives were being threatened? If my daughter told me that, the animal inside would get let out for sure. I can image the protective rage of a father.

I don't know what to think. I wasn't there. Too many questions, not enough info.
not one thing you mentioned justifies shooting someone in the back..I don't think the father is a mind reader...he has the gun so i doubt the guy could pose much of a threat....I think that's why we have police... you think everyoneshould justbe shooting at each other?

Not being there & only reading a sketchy report at best I can't conclude what happened. But just suppose the biker drove straight at the father & tried to run him down. Dad falls to the ground, spins around & lets off a shot at the back of the bike. Unfortunatly he hits the biker. Self defense, maybe. If he didn't fire could the biker turn around and try again? Maybe. Same thing could have happened if it were a car.

well, the kid is dead so he cant tell his side...of course the father is gonna claim self defense butwhat ever the circumstances, sounds like a lot of really stupid people and everyone was a loser...I'm thru

Old 02-27-2008, 01:56 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I really don't understand the thinking on here. I fight good enuough so I don't use a pistol but if you follow my daughter home making her afraid I will still be fcking someone up when the police get there, with out even idly wondering what the other side of the story is.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: golfblues

well, the kid is dead so he cant tell his side...of course the father is gonna claim self defense butwhat ever the circumstances, sounds like a lot of really stupid people and everyone was a loser...I'm thru

Sad but true. Everyone involved lost in this one. Hopefully the truth comes out & all involved are dealt with properly.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: coltsfan

I really don't understand the thinking on here. I fight good enuough so I don't use a pistol but if you follow my daughter home making her afraid I will still be fcking someone up when the police get there, with out even idly wondering what the other side of the story is.
Well what if the girls hit him,ran him off the road & then spit on him & took off. I'd try to find out where they lived or get a license plate & get the cops there. Now I'm dead.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
CKinAZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: coltsfan

+1

I don't think the gun was needed either. If he had popped the kid with a basebat bat, would any of you think differently?

All I know is that my kids are everything to me. If they ever got threatened, I would die trying to protect them. I certainly wouldn't think twice about popping some punk if I thought he deserved it.

There are way too many ppl here presuming this kid on the bike was innocent. Nobody knows. I can see both sides and hopefully anyone reading this thread would make a better decision than the biker or the father did here.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

GoBlues--how much of a collision could it have been if the motorcycle was still riding? I am assuming that people don't have daughters because I have beat people down for bothering mine. I don't really play that gun thing, worst case scenerio I can take a hit, but how many people have been shot for following someone home? How many times have you had an incident in traffic and when they drove off you just let them? The father is going to jail and he should, but I still can understand where he was coming from.

Quick Reply: Motorcyclist shot and killed.