General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Bike Week Heads Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Daytona Bike Week Heads Up

ORIGINAL: biz44

All I'm saying is.....everyone in Daytona can potentially make money off Bike Week.....so why not the LEO's. They just look at it all as a cash cow.....and they want their piece of the action. Dont think for one second that the enforcement community as a whole gives a rats *** about people getting hurt/killed.....it all comes down to the bottom line.....money in their pockets, and lots of it. There are plenty of ways for the municipality to generate revenue during bike week, stricter and more numerous DWI enforcement check points is just one.
I find these remarks highly offensive. There were too many nights for me to count when I went home after picking up broken bodies off the roadway, oftentimes including kids, and could not sleep due to the images burined into my mind. The worst of them I still remember like it was yesterday, telling a mother on Mother's Day 1987 that her two 15 yr old sons had been found in a ditch with broken necks from where they ran their motorcycle off the road and died. I got news for you, the law enforcement community as a whole DOES give a **** about the people that die on the highway,due to drunken driving, and you speak about that which you do not know.....

Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
pete913
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sldavis
I find these remarks highly offensive. There were too many nights for me to count when I went home after picking up broken bodies off the roadway, oftentimes including kids, and could not sleep due to the images burined into my mind. The worst of them I still remember like it was yesterday, telling a mother on Mother's Day 1987 that her two 15 yr old sons had been found in a ditch with broken necks from where they ran their motorcycle off the road and died. I got news for you, the law enforcement community as a whole DOES give a **** about the people that die on the highway,due to drunken driving, and you speak about that which you do not know.....
+1
I never could figure out how it was the cop's fault that someone broke the law and got called on it. It really isn't all that hard to stay outta jail.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, thanks alot, now you really got' em pissed off.[sm=violent053.gif]

Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DUI is another cash cow and politically correct to prosecute. It's the check points that bother me. I don't drink and drive by choice. Why should I have to be delayed and questioned for driving down the road while not breaking the law. There is nothing you can say that will make me believe that you are making me safer by harrassing me at a check point. I don't like drunks and I don't like drunk drivers---But most of all I don't like being stopped just for being somewhere. That is not my ideal of what America is or should be.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

So just leave anyway and get a good lawyer in your home state. Then keep out of Florida till the next hurricane destroys the town. Don't laugh cause I know it works.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It is just a feeding frenzy, folks, the merchants want their share, the cops want their share, the hotels want their share, the con artists want their share, the vendors want their share, the resturants want their share, the meter maids want their share......and etc, etc, etc; It's the American way! BFD what did you expect?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

So just leave anyway and get a good lawyer in your home state. Then keep out of Florida till the next hurricane destroys the town. Don't laugh cause I know it works.
+1 no **** , I'd just leave , screw that cuban infested state.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It's YOUR money their after!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

I just wonder how much you really think cops get off of dui arrests??? I was never paid by the arrest, adn don't know of any other officer who was either??? Sometimes the mindset here amazes me...

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 AM
ohiomotoxer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone should alert billy lame.....

Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week Heads Up