General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's in favor of a "Trailer Queen" section for the forum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Who's in favor of a "Trailer Queen" section for the forum?

I keepseeing more and more questions/discussions about trailering bikes, and remarkably, these threads get more response than a lot of the discussions about actually riding a motorcycle. Maybe we should have a place just for trailering. We could talk about trailers, tie downs, tow vehicle, how many miles you trailer a day, whether you wave at other "Trailer Queens", and whether you wear fingerless gloves while trailering.

Bill

Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who's in favor of a "Trailer Queen" section for the forum?

I like the idea. And it would take some of the traffic away from the other threads.

Good call!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually not a bad idea. I seldom trailer but have picked up some good tips by listnening in.
Bigger question, will the "trailer queens" really come out of the closet to participate?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

But, but, but if I wore my fingerless gloves while pulling my trailer wouldn't that count??????

Old 02-26-2008, 07:35 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: whaap

But, but, but if I wore my fingerless gloves while pulling my trailer wouldn't that count??????
Only if your chaps were hanging on the coat hook and visible to passersby!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:38 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I really get tired of riders putting others down because they may haul a bike. There are many good reasons someone may haul a bike somewhere, other than to get it repaired. Don't forget, the guy towing the trailer that stops to assist you. may have the few gallons of gas, oil, tool or part that you need to get you rolling again. Even load you up and take you to a repair location.

Now I will agree, that not all that trailer, would stop to assist, since I believe that there are a great majority of RUBS that trail a bike behind some high dollar SUV. They have no idea of an inner commitment to other riders.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ummm.
Some of us live in the frozen North??
Duh....

I'm 49.
I don't ride in the rain, or in the cold, or very far.
It's also 15 degrees, salty and a foot of snow on the ground.
I won't ever buy a huge,ugly bagger with a6x6fairing and a silly radio, while spending hours upon hours under my helmet all by myself.
I'd rather drive and talk to my wife or friends.

I prefer an expensive hotel over a tent, and I like showers.. I like room service instead of a thermos.
So, I'll just load up my bike and enjoy mega comforts until I get to where I'm going. When I get there, I'll be fresh and ready to enjoy the local scenery from my saddle..
So, shoot me...

Oh, BTW:

Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ugly bagger????

Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ricoman

Actually not a bad idea. I seldom trailer but have picked up some good tips by listnening in.
Bigger question, will the "trailer queens" really come out of the closet to participate?
Beat me to the draw this mornin', rico. Guess we could also call it the "Honesty Gut Check" thread.
We trailer the "Capn" quite often, as a matter of fact. Not because we are too lazy to ride, or "POSER"z. We do many shows and for lack of a decent word, "appearances" (?), don't care for that woed at all, somehow sounds "pompous" or "errogant", but we go where we are invited. We have a complete "Freedom Is Not FREE" display with awning, 8' x8' floor area,American, POW-MIA, and Viet Vet flags, lights, stands,Warpics, etc. Requires a van to haul it all. My son orstep daughter used to drive the van, but both are grown and have their own lives now. So it is Momma and me, and sometimes we travel over 400 miles to set up. Also, when we go to rallies over 250 miles from home, we will trailer there because Momma's back will not take the "pounding" any more.A lot of the time, we travel thru the night because of her job and my business. Alsonot much room on board for camping gear ,H*ll, camping gear, there's not even room for Momma's clothes, . And the plus for the "rest" of those around us, beings the van is going, so do a "ton" of tools, including air compressor, etc. Have done a bunch of road side and campground repairs for total strangers, or loaded them on board and hauled them into a dealer. And I'm 55, and if you've NEVER ridden a hardtail, SHUT THE F*CK UP!! And if you think that somehow makes us "non-bikers", well then you can just walk up to me, say that, and then kiss my Red, White,and Blue wrapped Viet Veteran's A$$. Now, where do "WE" sign up for this trailer thread? And I hope the rest of you who show up at the campgroundin Sturgis (or other venues)with your Heritages, Fatboys, Baggers, and FX's on trailers will have enough "GUTS" to sign up also. The proof is in the pudding.
I'm GUMBY Dammit

Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 AM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,694 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Thanks Gumby! I get tired of it too...

Quick Reply: Who's in favor of a "Trailer Queen" section for the forum?