General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back to metric.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going back to metric.

When I bought mine in 2006 the agreement was 1 year. That being said how would they enforce that. I think H-D might not sell you another one within that year but as for selling it I can't see them enforcing it. As Ken has said I don't think that requirement is there anymore.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: biz44

This is just a suggestion, so take it for what its worth. If you have your heart set on a Honda, and your 100% sure you want to dump your 08' HD.....and you want a seamless & quick deal. Look around for a dealership that handles both makes Honda, and Harley. This way everything will be kept under one roof, and you should be able to get a better price (still not as good as a private sale) for your HD.

I dont know what your looking for bro, but if you bought a 08" Ultra, you MUST be looking for a high end touring bike....I would think. If that's the case.....give the HD a chance. Its the real deal....where the jap bikes are just playing copy cat games.
Ken, bizz44 has a good point. If you end up needing to do a trade at a dealer then a dealer that handles both H-D and Honda would make more sense. There is one dealer here in Indianapolis that is a Honda and H-D dealer.

As for jap bikes being a copy cat there is nothing H-D has that Honda copied off of to build the Wing. I love my Road King but for a long mileage touring the Wing is hard to beat.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
2057ken
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: IndyRider

ORIGINAL: biz44

This is just a suggestion, so take it for what its worth. If you have your heart set on a Honda, and your 100% sure you want to dump your 08' HD.....and you want a seamless & quick deal. Look around for a dealership that handles both makes Honda, and Harley. This way everything will be kept under one roof, and you should be able to get a better price (still not as good as a private sale) for your HD.

I dont know what your looking for bro, but if you bought a 08" Ultra, you MUST be looking for a high end touring bike....I would think. If that's the case.....give the HD a chance. Its the real deal....where the jap bikes are just playing copy cat games.
Ken, bizz44 has a good point. If you end up needing to do a trade at a dealer then a dealer that handles both H-D and Honda would make more sense. There is one dealer here in Indianapolis that is a Honda and H-D dealer.

As for jap bikes being a copy cat there is nothing H-D has that Honda copied off of to build the Wing. I love my Road King but for a long mileage touring the Wing is hard to beat.
I did think of this and sent off a email to Thiels Whells in Finday OH a few day ago, but have not heard back. To keep the wife semi happy I need the kind of deal to where I leave home on the HD and return on the wing without changing the payment much.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Bluerose

It's funny Hubby can't figure why I'm set on Harleys and I can't figure why he is set on metrics. To each thier own.

It's a tough sell out there right now. Primo had an excellent idea about putting it in the properLEO oriented arenas. I also have havegood results selling on Ebay (sold my Yamaha 650 there).

You also might ask a local HD dealer about putting it on the floor instead of the Honda Dealer. Might take a bit...we had an '06 SE on the floor for 3 months but my Deluxe sold in a week....depends on who is looking for what I guess. Try to cover your payoff and any fees, but you still might take a loss.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

No matter what you do your going to take it in the shorts on that bike. Your best bet would be to keep it for a couple of years then sell. I'd be willing to bet you a fair sum of money that you are going to lose 4 to 6K on the deal.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Honestly Ken, I don't know how you made this mistake. When you're going tospend this kind of money, you should have done better research.
Any objective person on this thread would grudgingly admit that the Wing is the best touring rig you can own. However, as one member stated above, the Wing doesn't have the heart and soul like the Ultra.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Don't do it. You shoot your eyes out. Seriously, you'll lose big $ on the deal. The best bet is the the dealer has offered. 15% of the sale price.

Then go get Kawasaki Nomad. Check all the specs on line. Geat touring machine. All set up to extras to buy for 12,998. Absolute bargain. Runs for years w/o any troubles.

I'll give you $15K cash for the HD.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

one of the guys in the office here has rode Wings for years. he bought a Road King recently and has forgotten all about the Wing.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
mattyfatty
Cruiser

if would at least give the hd 1 riding season and then make a decision.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
CanFL
Cruiser

Give your wife your manhood and the Harley, then ask her if you can buy the Goldwing.
Just kidding, what ever flaots your boat.

Quick Reply: Going back to metric.