General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: 2009 HD

Yeah, currently in Iraq. Thanks for your kind words.

The deal's only good until I leave country, and I just don't want to feel like an *** and wish I'd taken it if I decide to wait.

The two nearest dealerships to where I'll be in OK are the one in Lawton and in Wichita Falls...I can't imagine their inventories are much different from the one you mentioned.

Bah...decisions...[>:]
ORIGINAL: wbogley

I just noticed you are Army. We allappreacate all your hard work!!

I am in north Texas, only about 60 miles from OK. I can tell you here, dealers have bikes out the a$$. I was just at the dealer and they have 20-25 bobs and they put more out when one is sold. There is no shortage.Sales are slow now.That 09 deal is $1100 over msrp for a black 2008 (with out fees). I just bought a street glide and the dealer waived all fees and sold at msrp just to sell a bike.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Turul
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kato

thats a great sig photo......looks like it was a great ride.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:27 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay, I've got the absolute scoop! Got it from a drunk guy at a bar that knows someone that is married to someone else who's 3rd cousin works at MOCO! So it's got to be reliable. Right?

Anyway, the MOCO is doing what it can to further the American way of life, even with today's ridiculous gasoline prices. Starting in 2009, all HD motorcycles will be able to run on ****. However, there must be a certain level of alcohol in the ****, otherwise it will ping. There will be a mini-breathalizer built into the bike with a tube to blow into. The blood alcohol content will then show up on the odometer readout. Once it's above .80, you can then fill er up!

But in keeping with the long time policy of the MOCO to never encourage riding while drunk, your bike won't start for at least 8 hours after.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 AM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And in 2010 Chevy is coming out with a 3/4 ton Suburban with Duramax deisel engine and Allison transmission. Sign me up!

With the price of gas I could use double the mileage of my gasser.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

I'll but an '09 . . . in '12 . . . maybe

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My dealser, who is always right, took me aside and told me that if I wanted another '08 that I had better hurry. He said that he heard directly from HD that at the end of July they were going to discontinue ALL '08 models and once the rest of the '08s were sold, only '09s would be available.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim Dawson

My dealser, who is always right, took me aside and told me that if I wanted another '08 that I had better hurry. He said that he heard directly from HD that at the end of July they were going to discontinue ALL '08 models and once the rest of the '08s were sold, only '09s would be available.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Well that's not true. Goofy dealer.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
powaypete
Road Master

I heard the 09's are being made in China and will ony cost $11,498.95 (MSRP)for an UltraBob. $599.95optionfor water cooled heads, $998.95 option for the 8 speed transmission, and free HOG membership for 3 years.

That was from my reliable source (the telemarketer last night).

Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Well...well...well. I see it's that time of year again where we all speculate on what changes are due for the upcoming model year. As usual there are those who claim to have top secret information...very hush hush, ya know. It's funny to me that we go through this every year. Although, I can't complain because I too have been known to offer my own two cents on the subject. The funny part is, according to HDF member predictions, the water cooled bikes were going to be on the scene going back at least the past 3 or more years. We haven't hit it on the head yet. So just like all the other years, we will wait until the dealer show takes place in the summer when the new bikes are announced. Then we will all feverishly scour the internet for anyshred of information on the new models so we can be the first to post it on the forum.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

Well...well...well. I see it's that time of year again where we all speculate on what changes are due for the upcoming model year. As usual there are those who claim to have top secret information...very hush hush, ya know. It's funny to me that we go through this every year. Although, I can't complain because I too have been known to offer my own two cents on the subject. The funny part is, according to HDF member predictions, the water cooled bikes were going to be on the scene going back at least the past 3 or more years. We haven't hit it on the head yet. So just like all the other years, we will wait until the dealer show takes place in the summer when the new bikes are announced. Then we will all feverishly scour the internet for anyshred of information on the new models so we can be the first to post it on the forum.
Heh?

As bad as the Apple Fanboys around here.

Quick Reply: 2009 HD