General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer flooring options

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trailer flooring options

ORIGINAL: jaystone

ORIGINAL: shoptroll

ORIGINAL: lh4x4You should be so lucky to live a long and prosperous life. Many never get the opportunity. I see that your parents brought you up to respect your elders. You do look old enough to not make obsene jestures in public and post it on the internet. Maybe you'r just mentally immature.
I'm 41 years old and it's a little tough to have a prosperous life when the generation before you has shipped all the good paying jobs out of the country so they can line their own pockets and buy sports cars and trailer their bikes to Daytona and Sturgis. Sorry, I won't see ya there....I'll be too busy workin' my *** off to pay all those social security taxes. And that wasn't an obscene gesture.....I was just lettin' ya know that yer #1 in my book! Luv ya babe!
It's funny how some people complain about not having a good paying job, not enough money to buy things, or not enough money to go places. But have enough time to sit on the internet and post over 600 posts a month, have myspace pages, etc., ect. How about putting that time into an internet college so you can get a degree and you don't have to be so bitter about others having more than you. Then you could save for retirement and don't have to worry about social security. And what is with people that don't have a trailer ALWAYS posting their anti-trailer opinion on trailer threads? I mean really, who cares if someone else wants to trailer their bike somewhere. That's not what this thread was all about in the first place. I live in Wisconsin and am leaving to go south on Thursday with my bikes, in a trailer. When we leave in the morning the forcast is for 7 degrees and that is a warm morning lately. Looks like we might be driving through a snow storm too. I'll post a picture for you before we leave. Oh yeah, the comment about riding in salt then waiting for a nice day to wash it. LOL! What if it doesn't get above zero for a month?
Well, gee whiz there Jay, I'll make sure I run all my posts by you from now on to make sure they meet your approval. Boy you trailerowners sure are sensitive about the subject. If you would have read some of my previous posts in this thread, you would have noticed that I made an exception for folks that live above the ARTIC CIRCLE. The funny thing is every one of you trailer boys had to resort to a personal attack in response to some good old fashioned ribbing.
And by the way, I agree with the guys that recommended sand in the paint. My brother-in-law used that trick on boats.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not even going to comment on those anti-trailer thread jackers, you all need a life. DOH there i went a commented, uuggghhhh!

I would not use the tiles we used them in our race car trailer and half peeled up form the heat, greese and oil, changed it to rolled linoleium (spelling) and diamold plate strips where the tires go. Ebay is a good cheap source for the diamond plate.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For all you wadded sequined g-string wearers trailering your bikes, get over it...it was started as a joke, but we can all see that's it's hit a little close to home. I'd reckon if y'all weren't so self concious about trailerin your bikes, you wouldn't be all up in arms about the folks pokin fun at y'all...seems like y'all might be feelin a little guilty.

As for that "education" you offered Shoptroll...no need tough guy, he at least graduated high school, why would he want a kindergarten education? What the hell was up with all the personal attacks?!?

I got y'all some presents, but it seems like they might go to waste...sorry guys. I feel so bad that you probably wouldn't like em

Talkin about getting a life...maybe y'all should get a sense of humor and stop bein so uptight about the small ****.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 AM
jaystone
Road Captain

Well, gee whiz there Jay, I'll make sure I run all my posts by you from now on to make sure they meet your approval. Boy you trailerowners sure are sensitive about the subject. If you would have read some of my previous posts in this thread, you would have noticed that I made an exception for folks that live above the ARTIC CIRCLE. The funny thing is every one of you trailer boys had to resort to a personal attack in response to some good old fashioned ribbing.
And by the way, I agree with the guys that recommended sand in the paint. My brother-in-law used that trick on boats.
I am sure if we were sitting in a bar, having a beer, ribbing each other we could just laugh this all off. Sometimes just sitting here reading this stuff you don't know who is serious and who isn't. I read your post in the other trailer queen thread and I understand. Too bad that one got locked that was pretty good reading! It's just that everytime there is a trailer question this **** starts, but that is the way it will always be I guess. You know we are leaving tomorrow and heading south to ride for a few days, I would love to ride if it wasn't for the fact that I wouldn't have any fingers or toes left due to frost bite. I suppose I could buy a complete heated body suit.? I lived in Wisconsin my whole life and believe me right now if I rode in the 30's it will feel warm.

I don't remember who posted asphalt for a floor in a trailer, but I don't care who you are that's funny right there.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Let's see. Anti-trailer Trolls make derogatory and inflamitory remarks then try to crawfish out of it by saying that it was just in fun. That makes the Trolls who had no business in the thread except to assist with the question that was beening asked, cowards.

That is a gutless excuse for bad conduct. It only reinforced the assesment that I made of their intelect.

Now Trolls, I take it from your post that your not interested in hearing about the new Kawasaki Nomad that I'm picking up next week in my trailer to add to my collection.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: lh4x4

Let's see. Anti-trailer Trolls make derogatory and inflamitory remarks then try to crawfish out of it by saying that it was just in fun. That makes the Trolls who had no business in the thread except to assist with the question that was beening asked, cowards.

That is a gutless excuse for bad conduct. It only reinforced the assesment that I made of their intelect.

Now Trolls, I take it from your post that your not interested in hearing about the new Kawasaki Nomad that I'm picking up next week in my trailer to add to my collection.

Dude, I tried to make nice, but I've come to the conclusion that you are a complete and total douche bag with absolutley no sense of humor, whatsoever. Your a realtough-guy behind that keyboard, too badyou whine like an old woman. You may want to have the Docincrease your estrogen prescription! I'm thinkin' those hot-flashes are what's makin' you so d@mn irritable! While your there, you may want to see if he'll pull that stick outa yer ****!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaystone

I am sure if we were sitting in a bar, having a beer, ribbing each other we could just laugh this all off. Sometimes just sitting here reading this stuff you don't know who is serious and who isn't. I read your post in the other trailer queen thread and I understand. Too bad that one got locked that was pretty good reading! It's just that everytime there is a trailer question this **** starts, but that is the way it will always be I guess. You know we are leaving tomorrow and heading south to ride for a few days, I would love to ride if it wasn't for the fact that I wouldn't have any fingers or toes left due to frost bite. I suppose I could buy a complete heated body suit.? I lived in Wisconsin my whole life and believe me right now if I rode in the 30's it will feel warm.

I don't remember who posted asphalt for a floor in a trailer, but I don't care who you are that's funny right there.
That's cool man. Glad to see we're on the same page. It's all good. I'm hopin' to relocate to the northwest in the future cause I love snow. Hope to have a snowmobile when I get there! Yeah, it don't get much colder than Wisconsin! Our lowest temp here this winter was 4 degrees at 6:00 am. I know you guys have days were that's the high! Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lh4x4

Dude, you're a complete asswhipe. Somehow joking about putting asphalt as the flooring on a trailer so the bikes wouldn't forget what it feels likeis akin to letting your son's "explain" why you trailer to Shoptroll and calling folks cowards. Yes, I could see how you wouldn't take that as a joke...if you speak Assyrian

What's gutless is that you meet jokes with threats of violence and personal insults,must bea very insecure small man. I feel for you bud...enjoy that trailer and best of luck to ya.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
RevRigid
Stage I

WOW!!! My first time here, thought I was gonna see something about how to keep a scooter from slipping in or on a trailer, and it's the world famous "if you trailer you aint a biker" war....
Anyway, if ya trailer, fine, if ya don't, fine. I don't unless the scooters busted and I cant fix it, (which aint often) or, if the wife wants to go with me, she can't ride anymore.

Must be because I am a greybeard who remembers the days when being on a harley was only cool to other guys who were on harleys, and the cops thought we was polishing cloths for the front fenders of their cruisers...

Ya'll have a grand day, be it riding, trailering, polishing, whatever, me and the Gruntster will just keep on.

RSDF

Old 02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: RevRigid

WOW!!! My first time here, thought I was gonna see something about how to keep a scooter from slipping in or on a trailer, and it's the world famous "if you trailer you aint a biker" war....
Anyway, if ya trailer, fine, if ya don't, fine. I don't unless the scooters busted and I cant fix it, (which aint often) or, if the wife wants to go with me, she can't ride anymore.

Must be because I am a greybeard who remembers the days when being on a harley was only cool to other guys who were on harleys, and the cops thought we was polishing cloths for the front fenders of their cruisers...

Ya'll have a grand day, be it riding, trailering, polishing, whatever, me and the Gruntster will just keep on.

RSDF
Hey Rev, welcome to the forum! Yeah, you picked a good thread to stumble into! I think the concensus was paint or urethane with sand mixed in was the cheapest way to go and works well! Hope ya stick around for all the fun!

Quick Reply: Trailer flooring options