General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer flooring options

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Trailer flooring options

d

Don't forget to cover the ramp door.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:53 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sldavis

ORIGINAL: shoptroll

I don't get all bunged-up about the d@mn salt. If ya get a warm day....ya wash the bike. I bought it to ride it......not to sit and stare at it.....cause it's so purrrrrrrrdy.
Well when there'sa warm day around here, everyone rides if the roads are clear. It's when it's below freezing that it goes in the trailer. I guess I could just stay home from Daytona if it happens to be snowing this week, which is the forecast. That would be sooo much more fun that trailering itsouth so I can ride in Florida.
That wasn't my point. Granted you guys get more snow than we do and if I lived somewhere that got lots of snow.....I'd own a snowmobile in addition to my bike. My point is road salt is a poor excuse for not riding...if you REALLY want to ride. I'd rather ride than sit around worrying about my paint being dirty and my chrome not being polished. When you get a day that's above freezing........you wash the salt spray off the bike and then go fer a ride. You can ride below freezing when the roads are dry. Just have to be more alert for ice patches and cinders. In the pic that I posted of riding in the snow...the roads were wet.....but not slippery, and I was on my way home from work and it hadn't gotten "bad" yet. Let me ask you this. How many folks wreck or get killed in the spring cause they haven't ridden for months and their skills are rusty??? I don't trailer my bike and I don't drive the cage to bike events. That's just a principle I live by. I know it's not for everybody.....just sayin'............

Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lh4x4

OK! Who voted to give King69 the authority to tell others what to do with their money and life?
Where did I tell anybody what to do? I just asked a question. For all I care, you can spend your time shoving your money up your a$$. Why the f*ck would I or anyone else care? King69 is really clever!
At least when I do it there is a woman involved.[8D]

Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: fishheadsaid

d

Jeezus! If I owned that, I'd put in a bunk, a stove, and a fridge and camp outa that sucker at events!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I am. And thank you for caring.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

d

Jeezus! If I owned that, I'd put in a bunk, a stove, and a fridge and camp outa that sucker at events!
It's a demo. Prices start at 65K. That's an autodeploy broadband satellite antenna on top.
It will restore multiple phone lines and broadband internet to an Emergency Operations Center in under 7 minutes.
My personal trailer is a Wells Cargo MC trailer 7' x14'. It's mostly a garage.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
shoptroll
Banned

d

It's a demo. Prices start at 65K. That's an autodeploy broadband satellite antenna on top.
It will restore multiple phone lines and broadband internet to an Emergency Operations Center in under 7 minutes.
My personal trailer is a Wells Cargo MC trailer 7' x14'. It's mostly a garage.
My SHED is 10' x 14'.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sldavis

I don't get all bunged-up about the d@mn salt. If ya get a warm day....ya wash the bike. I bought it to ride it......not to sit and stare at it.....cause it's so purrrrrrrrdy.
Well when there'sa warm day around here, everyone rides if the roads are clear. It's when it's below freezing that it goes in the trailer. I guess I could just stay home from Daytona if it happens to be snowing this week, which is the forecast. That would be sooo much more fun that trailering itsouth so I can ride in Florida.
That wasn't my point. Granted you guys get more snow than we do and if I lived somewhere that got lots of snow.....I'd own a snowmobile in addition to my bike. My point is road salt is a poor excuse for not riding...if you REALLY want to ride. I'd rather ride than sit around worrying about my paint being dirty and my chrome not being polished. When you get a day that's above freezing........you wash the salt spray off the bike and then go fer a ride. You can ride below freezing when the roads are dry. Just have to be more alert for ice patches and cinders. In the pic that I posted of riding in the snow...the roads were wet.....but not slippery, and I was on my way home from work and it hadn't gotten "bad" yet. Let me ask you this. How many folks wreck or get killed in the spring cause they haven't ridden for months and their skills are rusty??? I don't trailer my bike and I don't drive the cage to bike events. That's just a principle I live by. I know it's not for everybody.....just sayin'............
I have not put my bike away for the winter, I have ridden at least once a every week so far this year. But, there are days when we can't ride, and have to either sit at home or trailer to where we can. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that. I'd rather have the option of getting the bike somewhere to ride when it is too bad to ride here than sit at home at the keyboard. Talked to several of my friends today who are riding to Daytona. They are having to switch dates, and may be limited to one or two days there because it is supposed to snow this weekend and they won't be able to leave on time in a snowstorm. I, on the other hand, can put my one ton in 4X4 and keep to the schedule, and enjoy the full week in Florida. Now, what's wrong with that???

Old 02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Last March when two of my son's and I were going to Daytona Bike Week. We met on Halsted off I-80. They were going to ride because like many including me until last year do not like to trailer. A snow storm started with due east winds to 40 mph and a white out. We loaded their bikes up and headed south. On I-65 toward Indiapolis traffic was at 40-45 mph bumper to bumper. A cycle would not have made it. They fell asleep and woke up on I-10 in Florida. The poor old man drove 14 hrs straight thru.

I have been riding since I was 14 and and I'm 67 now. For the math challenged that is 53 years of cycling. My butt has more time in a saddle than some off you have been alive. So, if choose to go to some events in a trailer and you don't like it. F. U. I ride to 5 to 8 events each year and trailer one or two. The trailer main purpose is not the cycles. It's to haul my sport cars around when needed. They are the trailer queens not the cycles.

If you still don't like it, look me up at the Elkview campgrounds by Sturgis this year. I and my sons will "explain" to you why you shouldn't concern yourself with other people's choices in life.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
shoptroll
Banned

Maybe you guys can use those trailers to go pick up a sense of humor and some thicker skin.

Quick Reply: Trailer flooring options