Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Horn Options

Harley does not publish the db of their air horn. The sales hype will only state "one of the loudest horns on the market".

I kept pushing my dealer for numbers but they would only say, "Just listen to it installed on this bike." Whoopty Doo.

So I went down the street to NAPA and picked up the 730-1056 Freeway Blaster for $16. Made in USA by FIAMM. Fits under the stock cowbell and has a 130db at 4" rating.

Don't forget that when looking at horns. Decibels is one thing, the distance from the horn they are measured is another.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Harley does not publish the db of their air horn. The sales hype will only state "one of the loudest horns on the market".

I kept pushing my dealer for numbers but they would only say, "Just listen to it installed on this bike." Whoopty Doo.

So I went down the street to NAPA and picked up the 730-1056 Freeway Blaster for $16. Made in USA by FIAMM. Fits under the stock cowbell and has a 130db at 4" rating.

Don't forget that when looking at horns. Decibels is one thing, the distance from the horn they are measured is another.
Awesome horn, great price. Put one on my 2000 Dyna this winter. You would never know its there till it HONKS!!

bob

Old 03-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Aroberts
Tourer

By the time I find my horn button the ******* who cut me off it long gone. I can never find that damn thing.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
moneymaker
Banned

Don't know what level is ..but I alway say, "honk if you're horny"..it don't matter how loud..honk
My ol man put me on the street just to get a new horn on his bike..loud.. better than the harley one he had.

don't have pict pf skull horn...but it makes me horny! see at www.metalartsinc.com

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: moneymaker

Don't know what level is ..but I alway say, "honk if you're horny"..it don't matter how loud..honk
My ol man put me on the street just to get a new horn on his bike..loud.. better than the harley one he had.

don't have pict pf skull horn...but it makes me horny! see at www.metalartsinc.com

I'm lookin for a horn that doubles as a vibrator for the back seat.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
a911scanner
Cruiser

"Does anyone know what the Stebel sounds like? Is it similar to the stock harley horn, only louder? "

Got one of these for my Suzi that I'm in the process of replacing with an 08 SG. Anyway, the Stebel sounds like a Mack truck horn! I have scared many a cager with it... which means for my taste, albeit obnoxiuosly loud, is doing exactly what I need it to.

When I went on a ride with a bunch of HOG's last spring, they all thought the level of coolness of my Suzi was increased a bit due to that horn.

When I get my new SG within a week or so, it will be the first mod that I add.

MM

(edited to add I also think that I may buy one for all of the riders in my group. If we all use them at once, we could probably get half the world to pull over!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 AM
moneymaker
Banned

The plastic horns sound a little "plastic"...but are loud and improvement over stock.. we replaced our horns with Metalarts..very loud... very cool looking.. www.metalartsinc.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/56207/11DC05CE61844ED3B5D30CA517DC69E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Fiamm Blasterhorns from NAPAare even better if you buy the High and Low tone. That's 2 130DB horns for $32, I'm not kidding your bike sounds like and old Buick from the sixties when you hit the button.
Definatly NO BEEP-BEEP from these!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: moneymaker

The plastic horns sound a little "plastic"...but are loud and improvement over stock.. we replaced our horns with Metalarts..very loud... very cool looking.. www.metalartsinc.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/56207/11DC05CE61844ED3B5D30CA517DC69E4.jpg[/IMG]
More ads from MA. yea yea yea, free advertising...we know , we know

Old 04-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/v/LplQIKVgGx8&hl=en"></param><param"

Jsans, here is you tube of the sound of the stebel, you can just search Stebel on you tube and there is a bunch of sound clips.

Quick Reply: Horn Options