Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D- for American Classic Motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default D- for American Classic Motors

I have bought at least 10 items from this company in the past, but I am going to have to stop doing business with them. If you are familiar with this company, they are a large seller on ebay. I have been trying to contact them for over 5 days now, all calls go to a busy signal or a voice recording. The only way to get them to return your call is if you owe them money. I ordered 3 items on Monday and here it is Thursday and with most companies, it would either be on its way or here by now. With ACM, it hasn't even shipped yet, they claim it takes 5 to 10 days just to get your in stock item shipped. I should have ordered these items from Eastern Performance. Every time I have ordered from them, I was able to call them, got a real person and they actually cared and answered any questions about your order and the shipping. With ACM, they get your money, and then all communication stops. I have no idea if my items will be here in time for bike week or not. As far as I am concerned, they will not get any more of my business. I could have ordered from another vendor that would actually talk to me and let me know when it will be shipped and when I can expect it. I know, its my fault, but just wanted to warn people out there that haven't done business with them. Their prices are usually the best, but everything else sucks.

Therefore they get a D- for their overall score.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: D- for American Classic Motors

I live 25 minutes from them and have never bought anything there because of neg. comments That I have heard about the owner. I'd rather give my coin to Eastern even if it is a couple bucks more.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
jbhoyle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I saw your post. I have been shopping on their site and was debating on ordering a couple of pieces but now I'll stick to my reg. supplier-Jireh Cycles. Good prices, prompt service and can always talk to someone.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, here's my story ( big breath) I bought some mufflers from them off e-bay and stopped the shiipment just before they went out. It was a hassle for them I know but I bought a couple of more items a day later.( diff. pipes and a mustang seat) Anyway, I tried to call on the stop shipment and only got a voice mail...I then E mailed them and they got back to me right away..they answered my E mails and sent me a copy of the E mails that they were sending to the shipping dept to get the mufflers stopped...I had already paid by pay pal and they told me the usual policy was to give a credit...I said I really didn't need anything else and have really spent too much already... I asked for a refund and they said no problem but would be a couple days to process...pay pal was credited in a few days and the other stuff came within the week....Now I had an E mail trail that Ebay could follow and america classic got thier fees back...long story but the point is E mail them thru E bay... they put up with my hassle pretty well

justwanna add, eastern performanceis good also

Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought from them, got a real good price, liked the price. Couldn't make contact with them. Everything showed they hadn't even shipped it. But it came within like 5-7 days. Why does everybody wait till the last minute and try to git something to them and then are unhappy. Ask for express mail and pay more if you really want it faster next time.
These folks do a heck of a business and from what I hear they are shippin stuff out all day 5 days a week.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a new LePera seat, and tried to contact these people about buying from them...never could get anything but a recording, no matter what time of day...followed my instincts that said to forget them, and called Eastern Performance for the first time...had what I wanted, best price I'd found, free shipping and it was at my door 2 days later...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only live 7 miles from them, and only bought one thing a PCIIIUSB, and ended up selling it on ebay, and going with the SERT.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want a fast response to your emails? Just give them a negative rating on your EBay purchase...they'll be all over you like flies on sh..t... I bought a set of tanks from them, what a nightmare just trying to return them for the right size. I actually had to file a dispute with PayPal and Ebay before they would even attempt to work with me on an exchange.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought something off their EBay store yesterday. I phoned them first and only got voicemail on the extension # I punched in.
I hung up and sent them an E-mail. I got a reply inside of 5 minutes. I sent a 2nd E-mail and got another reply right away again from the same guy. No problems for me yet.
We'll see what happens with my order. I recall the site said the order would ship in 6 days at the outside.

CN

Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've heard enough about them that they'll never get my business, no matter how low their prices. Underscores theimportance of not getting toofocused on Price without regard to Customer service orQuality.

Quick Reply: D- for American Classic Motors