General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving back to the Hometown!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
72Hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving back to the Hometown!?!?

On January 8th, my younger brother was involved in a motorcycle accident. Apparently a motorist cut him off and he had no way to evade a collision. He was rushed to the hospital where he has been since. He is recovering, slowly but surely. He lost his spleen and 80% of his stomach, along with a dislocated collar bone and fractured jaw. I offered to move back home to help with his recovery and financial situation. If any of you are wondering, he rode a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (Crotch Rocket) where I say, "Not my taste, but to each his own." All in all, I won't be in San Antonio anymore at least for a while. I will be in the small town of Zapata, TX which is on the border (part of the Rio Grande Valley for those of you familiar with South Texas). Before this, I took my bike home so that my dad could use it as a guide to put his together. I havn't ridden in a couple of months and i'm going crazy. I'll be riding a lot more often once I get down there. I will also have more time to work on my pride and joy as well. But I am having mixed feelings of having to move back home. Oh well...i'll have to make the best of it. Just thought I'd share with you guys and gals.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Moving back to the Hometown!?!?

My prayers go out to your brother and family! It may be hard, but when it comes down to it, family is all you really have, and sacrificing on their behalf has great rewards! My family relocated also when my G-ma needed help. She did not want to go to a sr asst living home, so we moved into her's! Blessings come when least expected, this allowed me and my family to get to know and love her more before she passed away of stroke. If we had not helped her, she would only have been a name and a face in my herritage, now she will always be a strong lady I appreciate forever!
Good luck in your move, and take care of yourself too!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:40 AM
straitshot151
Tourer

We are all very sorry to hear about your brothers accident and we all wish him a speedy recovery.Take care and make the best out of your going back home.

ORIGINAL: 72Hog

On January 8th, my younger brother was involved in a motorcycle accident. Apparently a motorist cut him off and he had no way to evade a collision. He was rushed to the hospital where he has been since. He is recovering, slowly but surely. He lost his spleen and 80% of his stomach, along with a dislocated collar bone and fractured jaw. I offered to move back home to help with his recovery and financial situation. If any of you are wondering, he rode a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (Crotch Rocket) where I say, "Not my taste, but to each his own." All in all, I won't be in San Antonio anymore at least for a while. I will be in the small town of Zapata, TX which is on the border (part of the Rio Grande Valley for those of you familiar with South Texas). Before this, I took my bike home so that my dad could use it as a guide to put his together. I havn't ridden in a couple of months and i'm going crazy. I'll be riding a lot more often once I get down there. I will also have more time to work on my pride and joy as well. But I am having mixed feelings of having to move back home. Oh well...i'll have to make the best of it. Just thought I'd share with you guys and gals.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Kess Family prayers got out to your brother and the rest of the family - Best of luck!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. It's very big of you to move back and help out. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:55 AM
72Hog
Cruiser

Thanks for the support guys!