General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gotta stop going to the stealership!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I gotta stop going to the stealership!

ORIGINAL: The Baron

ORIGINAL: AF07

Every time I go to the dealer I see something that makes me think "WTF?"

So this time I pull in and notice6 bikes all parked next to eachother. Every one of them is a black Road Glide. Every one of them has matching grips, seat, pegs, pipesetc. These bikes look like they were cloned.

So I go inside and see whatI assumed must have been the riding group.6 guys, 4 women all standing around looking at the latest HD garb. Every one of the guys wore the same outfit; jeans, chaps, HD t-shirt, leather HD jacket, leather gloves and black boots.

I couldn't help but laugh as I thought about the cookie cutter punching each one out at the same time as it cut the bikes.

I can understand getting the same model of bike as your friend, I can even understand getting the same color, but why would 6 guys want to copy eachother so obviously? Did they get a group buy or something?

I just wondered how often they swap bikes without knowing it! Time to check the VINs!
Well, do you feel superior while you laugh at people? I wonder why you care what other riders wear or ride. Are you the friggin fashion police for bikers?
Let me guess, you wear all leather and constantly lose your bike in the parking lot.

If anyone saw anygroup of people so joined at the hip they would laugh too.

I said it before and I'll say it again, where whatever the fuque you want to, just be yourself, not a mirror reflexion of what you think others want you to be.

Riding a bike used to make a person stand out from the crowd, but it would appear that has gone the way of tattoos. Everyone and their mother has one.

Fuque it. There seems to be more followers than leaders nowadays. And we wonder why the world has gone to ****.

The world has gone to **** because oil has reached over $100 a barrel again.......[>:]

As far as riders dressed alike and with identical bikes.......I'm glad to see it......they ride ( gotta respect that)and I own Harley stock........hope more do the same!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Some of you folks are far too sensitive and read too far into stuff.

I said that I found it amusing that they all rode the same bike, accesorized them the same and dressed alike.

Lighten up, SHEESH!

Not to worry...I found your post funny and saw the irony in the group you saw. Some of the guys around this place are suffering from severe cabin fever and need to get on their scoots and catch some bugs in their teeth.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta stop reading posts about whatbikers are wearing!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
michaelvs710
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atleast baron is just the fashion police I have a buddy trading in his wideglide for a roadking just because we both own dynas now he doesn't want people to think we have the same bike he belongs to this forum but I won't put him out there like that

Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

What if they just happened to have picked the same bikes and accessories, and eventually met each other and started hanging out? Unlikely sure, but I've seen stranger things happen. I know there are alot of options, but not really that many. I bet I could come pretty close picking out a Road Glide and accessorizing it the way I 'think' makes it my own, only to have it match these bikes you saw (or coming up to one or more RG's setup just like mine at a rally or something)!

Kindof funny you mentioned the clothes, don't a ton of Harley riders dress exactly the same?? Jeans, chaps, HD t-shirt, leather HD jacket, black leather gloves and black boots, well that sounds pretty commonplace to me. Unless they had the exact same brand of jeans, same exact style tshirt, exactly the same jacket (or patches), along with the gloves and boots. I personally don't wear chaps, but I'll typically have an HD shirt on while riding, and I have an HD jacket (older one now though), jeans (my skin tight jean shorts just aren't comfortable on the bike!), and black boots and gloves, so I guess you'd have to laugh at me too then!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

[sm=popcorn.gif]were they wearing matching bandanas?
did they have a chain wallet?

it is so funny that everyone looks the same when riding, some look like fat *** trained bears on a bike, some look like dorks on a bike, some look like ah nvm....

Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 AM
heywood727
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

Baron, if'n it is REALLY buggin' you that bad, just read the "subject" of the post.
Problem solved.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

LMFAO....Read It??????? He Flippin wrote it!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to buy stock in sewing machine companys! When all the made in china harley clothing starts to fall apart and customers want it fixed under the warranty program, the service techs are going to be working overtime sewing and stitching.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM
mrb302
Road Master

ORIGINAL: lionsm13

Maybe they was in a club where they was supposed to look alike?
You shoulda asked em'!!
Are you kidding?
Everyone knows that you don't mess with the 84's.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats really funny is when you see guys wearing like, 50's and 60's stuff, helmets etc, that are too young to hve ever been there.
Can we talk here?
Ya get my meaning Baron?

Quick Reply: I gotta stop going to the stealership!