General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM
99octane
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

Thanks for the comments and for cutting me some slack.

I should have started the thread with "wow, I can't believe this but...."

I KNOW these are nice cars, as are many other stock performers out there that will simply clean the clocks of many bikes.

I actually lost some sleep last night worrying about any previously earned credibility on the forum here.

Typically I never get "baited" anymore. That guy got to me. Someone on the forum had some excellent advice given to him by his dad or grandad that basically stated "that you don't have to attend every fight that you're invited to". This quote will stick to me the next time I get "baited".

Warm regards!

Don't worry. I know how satisfactory can sometimes be wiping these dumbazzes nose.
Sometimes, they manage to do it by themselves, like the poor sod that cut my way not yelding when he should have done, and to pass he drove so close to a truck's trailer corner that it ripped open a good ten inches of his right side, with a nice curl of sheared metal coming off... He stopped and I could see him looking at the back of his car swearing...
All I did was, instead of trying to keep my right of way (and having him hit me) was leave him the room to sneak in as he pleased.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thing it wasn't a Caravan...

Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99octane

Don't worry. I know how satisfactory can sometimes be wiping these dumbazzes nose.
Sometimes, they manage to do it by themselves, like the poor sod that cut my way not yelding when he should have done, and to pass he drove so close to a truck's trailer corner that it ripped open a good ten inches of his right side, with a nice curl of sheared metal coming off... He stopped and I could see him looking at the back of his car swearing...
All I did was, instead of trying to keep my right of way (and having him hit me) was leave him the room to sneak in as he pleased.

Great story, with a happy ending too!

ORIGINAL: Topspin

I find it hard to believe that a guy with a BMW (and prob a few cell phones) in the state of Florida can be such a dick.

Did he give you the wave?

Didn't see a wave, but he sure was an aggressive driver; on the azzes of anyone he was catching up to.

Typically here in Florida you got the blue-hairs going 61 mph in the left lane (of three available lanes). Turn signals get removed from all vehicles as soon as you cross the border, and since there are no state vehicle inspections, you can drive whatever you want, even ifthe wheels are missing lug nuts.

You see a lot of really cool roadsters, and boats being towed with smoking wheel bearings. The whole spectrum from good drivers to ones that are driving 20 years past useable eyesight.

ORIGINAL: Sam

No big deal PB, I don't think you are BS'ing at all. I think that maybe the beemer was just playin' with you or the guy really can't drive, butI never thought BS for a minute.

Thanks Sam.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:31 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you done good for an old man!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member

I beat a bagger once on my Trek 4300 [8D]

Old 02-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dudehas 1 ill B.M.W.
+1
A friend of mine has a 335xi and it flat out rocks....and I believe the 300 h.p. figure they quote is a bit 'low' in fact.
Sounds like he was still breaking it in , or can't drive the da** thing. There's no way you can dust one of them on your Fatboy.
Good storyline though.

CN

Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

I'm not surprised at all, everyone knows the Fatboy is the fastest HD ever made!!!.....Fatty forever........

Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
kingk9
Banned

Good job Poorboy. I enjoyed reading your post and never for a second thought it was BS. For whatever reason you kicked his azz. That had to feel great.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:17 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Poorboy,, Never thought you were bs'ing. I got into this story as I do with all of your posts. You always paint a good picture. And no credibility lost . . . we all get excited sometimes.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Do you think that the driver of BMW even knew that he was in a "race"??!!

Quick Reply: '08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan