General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan

Paul you are a Animal.....Picking on a lil ole BMW.....Get a Bagger and you can go after the Big Boys.. [sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 PM
ae4782tt
Road Master

I've busted 100 a few times, never held it too long or never went much past it. Always on an open freeway and the speedo does get fuzzy!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done 100 on the RKC. Was some left, but not much. Bike is clearly not made for doing 100. More like 70...which I'm perfectly happy with!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:03 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

I'm with you PoorBoy.....

Old 02-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've ridden w/Paul and he does like to twist the wick a little.
I wasn't there but I can surely atest he's no bs'er.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM
99octane
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

This past Sunday I decided to head north on I-95 (to get into St. Augustine). I entered the on-ramp (in Palm Coast) and was picking up speed to merge with highway traffic.

From behind me, a new BMW 335xi sedan came blastingdown the same on-ramp, gaining on me quickly. He passed me on my left, cutting across the diagonal white stripe area that wasn't a travel lane. We've all seen that before. He cut into traffic at least 100 yards ahead of where normal traffic would be joining from the ramp.

I continued my merge into the right lane while I mentally called the BMW a A-hole. As it turns out, the BMW gets bogged-down in the center lane as I gain on him (still in the right lane). Before I get to him, he jumps into the right lane and takes off (again), kinda cutting me off.

Make a long story short, I finally catch up with him again and decide to "let the dogs out". I downshift to 5th and twist full-throttle. I pass the BMW, and no mater what he did, he couldn't pass me. I would slow down to 80mph, go back into 6th and wait for him.

He would come flying up, even pass me, but that's all he had. I'd down-shift and throttle-up again and easily passed him at will. I was in excess of 110 mph, still listening to my iPod when I left the BMW behind multiple times.

To be honest, it felt good. I found my exit and mentally laughed at that BMW going onward, who was behind me, against his will, whenever I wanted him there.

Just thought I'd share.

The BMW website boasts:

335xi Sedan- The weather can't catch up.

Starting at $40,800 MSRP
3.0-liter, turbocharged inline 6-cylinder engine
300 horsepower
xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
25 mpg hwy*
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Foreword: I believe you and I absolutely don't want to bash you. I'm indeed very happy when an azzhole gets what he deserves!
This said: the guy evidently didn't know how to drive.
Even on a straight road, you have to know how to use your drive, and he obviously didn't.
That car isn't only awesomely powerful and fast, it also has excellent handling.
On a winding road, not only you'd have no chance, but much more powerful bikes than a Harley would meet their match in a 335xi.
Even on a Subaru Impreza I wouldn't mess with it, unless it was a tuned STi.
This, provided it has a driver that's worth $hit.
But I'm very happy of the outcome all the same. Half the time these cars are driven by azzholes that don't evemn realize what they are sitting upon.
If I were to abandon my tuned, 360 bhp, Lancer Evo IX RS for a more comforable car, that would be the 335i or 335xi.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
turner8
Advanced

Poorboy,
Nice job, glad you got him. (and nothing bad happened, sometimes road rage leads to incidentses ya know)

sure you were headed to St. Aug. or maybe up to Daytonafor the otherrace?... HEHE

Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the comments and for cutting me some slack.

I should have started the thread with "wow, I can't believe this but...."

I KNOW these are nice cars, as are many other stock performers out there that will simply clean the clocks of many bikes.

I actually lost some sleep last night worrying about any previously earned credibility on the forum here.

Typically I never get "baited" anymore. That guy got to me. Someone on the forum had some excellent advice given to him by his dad or grandad that basically stated "that you don't have to attend every fight that you're invited to". This quote will stick to me the next time I get "baited".

Warm regards!

Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it hard to believe that a guy with a BMW (and prob a few cell phones) in the state of Florida can be such a dick.

Did he give you the wave?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

.....No offense is taken, sorry to have swatted the "BS hive" if this is how it goes down.
No big deal PB, I don't think you are BS'ing at all. I think that maybe the beemer was just playin' with you or the guy really can't drive, butI never thought BS for a minute.

Quick Reply: '08 Fatboy beats BMW 335xi Sedan